Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indy coming to DVD

The Evil Genius

Its about freakin' time.

'Indiana Jones' Trilogy Unearthed for DVD

Tue May 6, 1:49 PM ET Add Entertainment - AP to My Yahoo!

LOS ANGELES - The "Indiana Jones" trilogy is whipping into DVD.

Harrison Ford (news)'s bullwhip-snapping, fedora-wearing, fistfighting archaeologist will debut in the digital format for the first time on Nov. 4, Paramount Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. said Tuesday.

The three movies, directed by Steven Spielberg (news) and produced by George Lucas (news), have previously been available only on VHS tapes, which has inferior picture and sound quality compared to DVD.

The new DVD set will include Indiana Jones' 1981 debut in "Raiders of the Lost Ark," about the quest for the container holding the remains of the Ten Commandments; the 1984 sequel "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom," about child slaves rescued from a pagan cult; and 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," in which Sean Connery (news) costarred as Indy's father in a race against Nazis for the Holy Grail.

Behind-the-scenes documentaries, cast and crew interviews and other special features will be presented on a fourth disc.

"This collection explores every facet of how the films were made from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound," said Jim Ward, a marketing executive for Lucasfilm. "We take viewers around the world to explore the history behind the Indiana Jones legends."

The films will be available only as a collection, priced at about $49.95.

Originally posted by codeorama

Right, 3 generations of Jones... Supposedly, Indy will have a son and Connery is back.

Only problem is that Ford is starting to look OLDER than Connery. But I'm glad their releasing it on DVD. It's about d@mn time.

Originally posted by escholz

Only problem is that Ford is starting to look OLDER than Connery. But I'm glad their releasing it on DVD. It's about d@mn time.

:laugh: :laugh:

Instead of a bullwhip, he's gonna have a walker..:D

Archived