Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm so glad . . .

Look at all the good fortune that going 8-8 has brought us. We have the easiest schedule in the league next year. We have one of the greatest coaches in recent history in charge of our team. We FINALLY got rid of Norv. We have a young team to build around. And nobody believes that we can do much of anything.

Now just think. If we had done anything last year, all it would have done is kept Norv around for another year. And we would have had just another year of being one of the greatest teams on paper, but never playing up to our potential.

Now, this year, we have almost the exact same team as last year minus a few low impact starters, and a MUCH better head coach, and we are being predicted as at best third in the division. I'm lovin it. We are gonna be the Ravens of this year. Ya know, all that mediocracy, and then one little thing causes us to really shine. I can see it happening this year.

Yeah, shure, we have a questionable DL. but c'mon was Stubby that good? I mean we were 22nd against the run, so he couldn't have been tieing up that many people. And that was on a supposed good defense. I mean, I'm at least willing to see what this rookie, along with Kenard Lang in there can do. They can't get much worse. And then our oddense is just going to shine in this West Coast offense. We have a much better line than last year. A pretty good recieving corp, which I'm sure will be a strength of the season. and I think we forget that we have a Tight end that made the Pro Bowl last year. I cant see anything other than getting DEEP in the Playoffs, and possibly a Super Bowl.

I'm just so glad that Dan Snyder had the guts to do what

You've found the silver lining to last year's rain clouds. I don't recall perceiving much about the team as positive after we went 6-2. It was pretty much all downhill from there (with the bright spot being Norv's release).

The sad thing is that you're right - if we'd have limped into the playoffs, we'd be reading today about how Norv feels about our chances...again.

I became one of those silver lining types after Norval was fired too. However I was one of those slamming the media for saying our buying a super bowl was a bad idea. When I emailed those idiots and said the free agents brought in were primarily defensive players which led us to a top 5 defense and how it took a rash of injuries at key spots on offense and Norval ideas to keep us out of the playoff, I never received a reply but I knew we were a coach and a yearof health away from greatness if the latter happens it'll be a fun season one.

------------------

Dave

Archived