Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Redskins/Ravens seriously just become a rivalry?

TheGoodBits

I honest to God don't understand where you get this rivalry thing from. All reports indicate that Ravens fans were nothing but courteous to our visitors, and I haven't met a single friend who considers the Skins a rival. Why would we wish to be a team that hasn't won anything since 1991?

I honest to God don't understand where you get this rivalry thing from. All reports indicate that Ravens fans were nothing but courteous to our visitors, and I haven't met a single friend who considers the Skins a rival. Why would we wish to be a team that hasn't won anything since 1991?

Well ignoring your shot there at the end, but if you head over to a Ravens message board, it seems to be a concensus that we are a rival. I don't really agree, although I look forward to playing you guys again so we can kill you. Have fun losing to the Steelers!

Well ignoring your shot there at the end, but if you head over to a Ravens message board, it seems to be a concensus that we are a rival. I don't really agree, although I look forward to playing you guys again so we can kill you. Have fun losing to the Steelers!

Actually, I post daily on a Ravens message board, and we've discussed this topic ad nauseam. No one thinks there's a rivalry; there are just some people who got sick of having to watch Skins games while your owner blocked us from getting a team. We must be crazy to mildly dislike your base.

Actually, I post daily on a Ravens message board, and we've discussed this topic ad nauseam. No one thinks there's a rivalry; there are just some people who got sick of having to watch Skins games while your owner blocked us from getting a team. We must be crazy to mildly dislike your base.

No. You're wrong. There are PLENTY of Ravens fans who hate the Redskins. It's not just a passing fancy once every four years.

No. You're wrong. There are PLENTY of Ravens fans who hate the Redskins. It's not just a passing fancy once every four years.

The Ravens fans who hate the Redskins are the same Orioles fans who consider the Yankees a rival.

I'm not denying the hatred, I just find it comical that you need to inflate your own egos by convincing yourselves that we look up to Washington. Give me a break.

The Ravens fans who hate the Redskins are the same Orioles fans who consider the Yankees a rival.

I'm not denying the hatred, I just find it comical that you need to inflate your own egos by convincing yourselves that we look up to Washington. Give me a break.

Nah, its not about inflating egos or anything... that was more me making a joke at your expense, which should be ok since this is a Redskins board. And I don't REALLY think you look up to Washington or anything like that. But your fans do hate the Redskins, while most of our fans didn't really care about you guys. Until Sunday that is, for me at least...

Guest SEANtheMEAST21

YES a rivalry has been born. I go to Towson, and have to deal with all these fools all the time. They always give me crap about the redskins, even if we don't play them that year. I just considered it annoying and brushed it off. However, they were louder in that stadium than if they had been playing the steelers.

When we lost, I knew that people would give me crap the next day. I was so angry that I stormed off and had to take a walk. For some reason, I felt more angry than when we lost to the cowboys and the giants. Some of it is because we only get to play them once every 4 years, so they get to hold on to this one for a while.

Did anyone hear the tailgating ravens fans comments? One was talking about how "we don't deserve a team" and some other bull. Why would someone even say that? After how much history this team has? I know they're retarded, but that makes me deeply angry.

We can't just ignore their feelings towards us. It has grown to a rivalry. I hate their fanbase as much as the eagles' fanbase. They list 3rd on my hated teams list, behind dallas and almost equal to philly.

Someone needs to make a "Go skins, ravens suck" smiley.

Archived