Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 Different QB's and 3 Different RB's

Ynot

It is simple, it is the LINE Stupid, Gibbs won three SB's with three different QB's and Three Different RB's. We had the Hogs and we had Grant, Butz, Mann and other top tackles and ends.

The game is won in the trenches. I do agree that maybe Campbell could be better, would love to have Collins make another run at it. It seems Campbell has three issues, slow drop back, throws only after the reciever is open instead of anticpating the route. Third, reading Defenses in general. Last night they loaded the rush to that side and had teh ball knocked down three times. Why not throw over the middle or to the other side instead of throwing into the pressure. There were times were the line just drop off on the other side. He would have been better off to run with the ball.....

Again THE D did play well, but I hate the scheme. Taylor is being missed used. Have you seen how our lineman or told to hold their lanes and not rush. You do not see that with Steelers or Ravens. Rodgers did get beat but I am sure he was just trying to make a play to stop the drive since we could not stop the run, he just should have made sure he had help over the top to do that as we do not have the rush to make the QB commit to that throw. The QB had all day to make that throw. That is why it has been easier for defenses to jump our routes as they know they will get a rush on our QB. You never see us doing he pump and go..

Cambell has to drop back to far making it harder on our Tackles because our intereior just gets push back. Then there are the times when he just drops back to far because he is afraid of the push. Have you noticed instead of sliding in the Pocket like Payton, Favre and the other greats he just keep drifting back. Our Tackles are good but not that good.

I would like to see Collins not Colt run a couple series to see if it is the QB and not just the line or play calling we all complain about

He did win 5 in a row for us!!!!!

More importantly, we had deep a veteran bench, thank you no salary cap. Guys could be hurt and there were people just as good to step in. These days you can't afford that that type of team anymore. Now, look throughout the league, you need "good" QB play to be consistent winners. Our QBs have been mediocre and that's where the team has been and will be.

I won't put all the blame on Synder, but this is what has to happen.

1. Snyder needs to realize, that just because he played for the Patuxent City Swamp Rats pee wee league, or whatever the name was...this does not give him the knowledge to "manage" an NFL team. Do what owners are supposed to do. Write the checks, and get out of the way.

2. Hire knowledgable career football people, and listen to what they have to say. Which means FIRE Cerrato!

That is my point to see collins run the office for a half to see if there was a difference. He was huge last year for an inept offense.... I do not believe we should put Colt in until we are mathmatically out. Collins did it for us last year. He knows how to anticipate the coverage and the route. You never hear about Campbell making a through before the break or how he read the defense, we heard that consistently last year with Collins

I think that was what frustrated Gibbs 2 the most and was that Vinny did not get that and who kows maybe that is why he left. Next we have a line with experience, either they are not that good or Joe Bugle has not got it anymore, or is it as I saw in another thread that JC is responisible for the blocking scheme?

It won't matter who you draft so long as the person doing the drafting is incompetent.

So your saying that even if we draft a superstar it won't matter because the person who drafted them is incompetent.

That makes sense.

I'm assuming you meant what you draft or something along the lines of that, because then it would make more sense. :2cents:

Archived