Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dantzler Now At Safety

Strange, since the Boys' website was saying just a few days ago that Dantzler was being moved back to quarterback from RB. It seems Parcells is trying to find a position where he can leave Dantzler.

When he was still at Clemson, a lot of people were touting Dantzler as the "poor man's Michael Vick". To see him first go undrafted and now being made a project at safety shows how ridiculous that hype was. He's a good athlete, they should just leave him as a return man and hope he becomes half the asset Brian Mitchell was.

Originally posted by Fitzman

When he was still at Clemson, a lot of people were touting Dantzler as the "poor man's Michael Vick". To see him first go undrafted and now being made a project at safety shows how ridiculous that hype was. He's a good athlete, they should just leave him as a return man and hope he becomes half the asset Brian Mitchell was.

It can still be applied, you might just want to call him a VERY poor man's Michael Vick. Just like how I'm a VERY poor man's Tracy McGrady on the basketball court. :laugh:

Dantzler is no different than Brad Banks. The only thing in my mind that separates Vick from Dantzler and Banks is the arm strength. Vick has a better arm than either of them and that's why he has been given an opportunity where as they have not. You can even throw Eric Crouch in there. He's fast as crap, but it's the arm that kept him from getting a chance at qb.

Originally posted by RabidFan

Good point code.....but being fast and having the elusive smooth moves in traffic like Vick are two ENTIRELY different things. I still love the commercial with Vick tossing the ball out of the stadium..:silly:

Very true. Good point.

I don't know as much about Brad Banks, but I watched Dantzler alot (acc football watcher here) and he was better than Vick in some ways. He was very ellusive and was a better passer (not the arm strength though). Vick is just one gear faster and has alot more arm strength.

I will add too, that I'm not entirely sold on Vick being a great NFL qb over a career. I'm not saying he won't be, I'm just saying that at this point, he's a human highlight film, only more time will tell if he progresses into a total package.:cheers:

Yeah, sure. Even if he does have Favre's arm and Sanders feet, which he doesn't, he sure doesnt have Favre's head:

Michael Vick, QB - Vick missed the first two weeks of the voluntary offseason conditioning program...

Thats not leadership. Thats the most important quality in a QB. How do you think his teamates felt sweating it out in "vluntary" workouts when he was off partying?

May be he's just young and he'll get a clue. i dont think theres any guarantee that hell be a star yet though. Hes fun to watch though.

Just to add... Vick and cousin Aaron Brooks were no shows at a charity fund raising event that raised money by offering bidders the opportunity to play golf with them and other NFLers. The bids had already taken place and the money was already collected, they just didn't show...:doh:

Originally posted by Even Madder

he sure doesnt have Favre's head:

I dont think theres any guarantee that hell be a star yet though. Hes fun to watch though.

He may have a better head than Favre. Favre throws his fare share of dumb passes.

Where have you been? Vick is a star already. In his second year he tore apart the league. People couldn't stop talking about him. He is a guy people already pay to see play. He'll only get better with experience. Some guys work out on their own, it's a fact of the NFL, and some players are the better for it.

Atlanta will win a Super Bowl or two with him before it's all over.

Originally posted by rellim

He may have a better head than Favre. Favre throws his fare share of dumb passes.

Where have you been? Vick is a star already. In his second year he tore apart the league. People couldn't stop talking about him. He is a guy people already pay to see play. He'll only get better with experience. Some guys work out on their own, it's a fact of the NFL, and some players are the better for it.

Atlanta will win a Super Bowl or two with him before it's all over.

I wouldn't say he tore apart the league. Sure, he didn't throw very many interceptions, but he sure didn't throw many touchdown passes either. Besides, he's gonna suck this year anyway, he's on the cover of the new Madden video game... there is a curse you know.:silly:

Favre sucked in his second year so the comparison is ridiculous.

Vick with offensive weapons will be a Vick.

Heck imagine him in this offense.

And o line to pass protect and 4 receivers to throw to.:jerkoff:

Fortunately Ramsey has a comparable arm but not the wheels.

I think Favre even sucked in his third year... For a long time, Favre cost the packers a lot of games with all the ints.

I personally would rather have Ramsey than Vick, but that's just me. So far, none of the new breed of Randall Cunningham's have brought in a championship. I prefer the pocket passer that involves all his receivers and picks the defense apart. I think overall, the scrambling is a distraction and an excuse not to improve the passing skills.

Archived