Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants and mainly....

SkinisRed

Their QB. I know a lot of trash is talked about him and the infamous "Manning face" but I am scared of Eli. I understand he is surrounding by an outstanding supporting cast but something about this guy scares me. I have a bad feeling this sunday, and the worst part about it is i think it's more than a feeling. I get to see a lot of Giants games and I've seen this kid from when he was a rookie up until now and like I said, I'm just plain worried about him. I feel like we overlook this guy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much

I have a pair. The fact that I acknowledge that we overlook him is a testament to that. Why don't you grow a pair. Problem with these boards is credit isn't given where it's due. Then after all is said and done people act shocked.

Calm down der partner! I was joking around, hence the ":D" i added to the end of my post, cant take a joke?

Seriously, Manning isnt all that good IMO, if we can get him throwing off his back foot, we'll be alright.

Eli is a very good QB. Anyone who says differently is in denial for whatever reason.

He'll have games where he only completes maybe 55% of his throws for about 170 yards or so, but he'll still throw for 2 TDs and complete 5 or 6 incredibly clutch throws to keep drives alive.

There's usually nothing too pretty about it, but the guy gets it done, plain and simple. And he also usually plays his best ball late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter.

Calm down der partner! I was joking around, hence the ":D" i added to the end of my post, cant take a joke?

Seriously, Manning isnt all that good IMO, if we can get him throwing off his back foot, we'll be alright.

Sorry, I am not used to these boards, just like text messaging, you can't read sarcasm well

Eli is a very good QB. Anyone who says differently is in denial for whatever reason.

He'll have games where he only completes maybe 55% of his throws for about 170 yards or so, but he'll still throw for 2 TDs and complete 5 or 6 incredibly clutch throws to keep drives alive.

There's usually nothing too pretty about it, but the guy gets it done, plain and simple. And he also usually plays his best ball late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter.

that's exactly what i'm talking about! the intangibles. the clutch throws. You know since he came in the league he leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks.... people put too much importance into stats. while they are important, just take this for example, QB rating. Eli is like 15 and JC is 14. However Eli is lightyears beyond him, even if JC was ahead in every category.

yeah well if he has knowledge he should kick some, or at least show. 1 pick i can see. 2 is doubtful but probable, 3 is dreaming. sorry, when i wanna talk football, i like to stay in the earth's atmosphere
Why? Kurt Warner was intercepted twice tonight by a undermanned and poorly playing Philthy defense (dammit :doh:) without Asante Samuel, and KW is being considered for MVP.

It can happen.

Why? Kurt Warner was intercepted twice tonight by a undermanned and poorly playing Philthy defense (dammit :doh:) without Asante Samuel, and KW is being considered for MVP.

It can happen.

of course it could happen. is that your argument? "it can happen" i certainly hope not. Warner has been playing out of his mind, but let's not forget warner is pass happy. that's all he does is throw. Eli doesn't depend on the pass like Kurt does, that's why 3 picks is unlikely with Eli and moreso with Kurt, even though Kurt has kept the INTs down this year

I see, so all of us should be scared of Eli, and if we're not then we don't know football?

Real smart, guy.

no, apparently all you do is type thousands of posts and there isn't much reading involved. All i said was we overlook Eli. Then you said, "he's good for 1 or 3 picks. Which, to be perfectly honest, sounds like a student of mine when I talk football with him before class.

no, apparently all you do is type thousands of posts and there isn't much reading involved. All i said was we overlook Eli. Then you said, "he's good for 1 or 3 picks. Which, to be perfectly honest, sounds like a student of mine when I talk football with him before class.

My god, you're a teacher?

why would i get banned. Other football message boards encourage me to voice my opinions and spark debate and conversation. why would i get banned? because this guy wants to give sarcastic remarks instead of complete well thought out answers or questions.

Archived