Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News-Press (AP) One year after, ST strong presence

SWFLSkins

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881126014

Jim Zorn never coached Sean Taylor. Never got the chance to appreciate the Pro Bowl safety's play or his personality up close. Never got the chance to know him.

And so it is a measure of the lasting effect Sean Taylor - and his sudden death - had on his team that even those who are new to the Redskins this season share in the sense of loss.

Horton, a rookie, has learned plenty about Sean Taylor the safety. Horton, after all, now starts at that position for the Redskins.

Even though Horton has seen his predecessor show up on video quite a bit while studying for future opponents, there is still a chill that arrives each time.

"We see film from early last year," Horton said, "and he pops up, and you're like, 'Man. God. He just laid that guy out.' He would go from here to there so fast."

In those images, Horton said, "He's definitely around. He's part of everyone's lives."

Horton's comments just made me love that guy even more.

Sorry I see that Bubba had this article posted in the breaking news section last evening, feel free to flog me MODS, I probably won't feel it anyway. Plantar-facitis (sp), a Kidney Stone, a nasty stress induced cold sore and the 1 anniversary of the loss of Sean has me feeling less at the moment.

Again remove if necessary.

Sorry I see that Bubba had this article posted in the breaking news section last evening, feel free to flog me MODS

I don't think its a problem, Bubba is really quick about posting things in the Breaking News Section and people generally will create a new thread for interesting articles in The Stadium with the same article. Good article, glad I'm going to get to see the Taylor induction live.

Sorry I see that Bubba had this article posted in the breaking news section last evening, feel free to flog me MODS, I probably won't feel it anyway. Plantar-facitis (sp), a Kidney Stone, a nasty stress induced cold sore and the 1 anniversary of the loss of Sean has me feeling less at the moment.

Again remove if necessary.

I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through and hope all of those health problems improve soon.

Thanks for posting this article. I don't always look in the Breaking News section. As sableholic said, people often post really good articles in the stadium even though they're also posted in Breaking News.

This one definitely is an excellent article. I continue to be so impressed by Horton. Both on the field and off the field, he seems to have it together! Very impressive for such a young kid. I was floored when he said that he makes a point of walking by ST's locker every day, and it's sweet that he tries to do it in a way nobody notices. Chris, it's OK to pay tribute to Sean each day. I'm sure your teammates won't mind.

I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through and hope all of those health problems improve soon.

Thanks for posting this article. I don't always look in the Breaking News section. As sableholic said, people often post really good articles in the stadium even though they're also posted in Breaking News

Hey B & G thanks for the thoughts, and yeah those small things will go, and seem really small when you think about Sean and his family right now.

Archived