Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

atleast our young WR's can do one thing right...

chow184

Any of em. It should be expected. I hate that Hines Ward's greatest claim to fame is that he blocks well.

Receiver are paid to catch the ball, not block.

And Clinton Portis is paid to run the ball, but he has saved Jason's neck more than a few times by leveling a blocker.

Fact is, most wide receivers are not able to block DBs, it isn't expected out of Santana or ARE. It isn't done by most players at the position.

Having a COMPLETE wide receiver is a good thing. Hopefully Kelly and Thomas will become complete players. The video and admiration of their blocking skills shows that they are working on even the little things needed to become just that.

And Clinton Portis is paid to run the ball, but he has saved Jason's neck more than a few times by leveling a blocker.

Fact is, most wide receivers are not able to block DBs, it isn't expected out of Santana or ARE. It isn't done by most players at the position.

Having a COMPLETE wide receiver is a good thing. Hopefully Kelly and Thomas will become complete players. The video and admiration of their blocking skills shows that they are working on even the little things needed to become just that.

bottom line is complete players can do more things than measurables

who cares if malcolm kelly runs a 4.5 or 4.6, if he can catch whatevers thrown at him and block the heck out of people he'll earn playing time somwhere.

Exactly

Please, Randel El and the Steelers defense did more for that win than Hines Ward. And a Super Bowl MVP trophy means nothing to me. See Dexter Jackson.

Dexter Jackson, the 2nd round rookie WR with Tampa Bay? When did he win a ring?

PS-STBonecrusher, good to see you've been one of the few on the MK bandwagon since training camp. I saw him in camp, too. He looked as good as anyone out there, including Moss.

Malcolm Kelly is definitely a very good blocker. Like I've said before, I was a big fan of Thomas coming out and felt like drafting Kelly was overkill.

However, even though neither of them has done anything to date, I really think we've got something to build on for the future with JC, Kelly, and Thomas. Thomas was obviously a project and will take a year or two to blossom, but Kelly seems to be quite polished and just needs experience.

Here's to hoping that we get our own version of Boldin/Fitzgerald or Johnson/Houshmandzadeh.

I think Kelly will resemble more of Brandon Marshall, which is one of my fav players.

Receiver are paid to catch the ball, not block.

Wow. I'm sorry but that is a very stupid comment.

So, why are there WR's on running plays?, might just leave them on the bench since blocking is not what they're getting paid to do.

I dont understand the hate on Kelly, he's been injured for while and missing a lot of practice time and that's why he has not contributed yet. Some of you act like if he WANTED to be injured and not play.

A good block by a WR is the difference between Clinton Portis getting a 20 yard run or a 80 yard TD run.

Show me an 80 yard TD run from Portis in a Redskins uniform. Face it. Portis is no longer the home run hitter he was in Denver. He counters that with his ability to take the ball 30 times a game.

];5865977']Its expected for a receiver to do something he's not paid to do.

My god' date=' the fail in this post....[/quote']

You know what I meant. Blocking is a small part of their game. I'd rather see MK get more than two catches for an entire game and not block as well.

I think that just shows how far the position has progressed. Its not that they cant. Its that they wont. Not unless they want to. Then all of the sudden we want to praise them to the heavens for doing it once.

Dexter Jackson, the 2nd round rookie WR with Tampa Bay? When did he win a ring?

PS-STBonecrusher, good to see you've been one of the few on the MK bandwagon since training camp. I saw him in camp, too. He looked as good as anyone out there, including Moss.

No, the safety who played with Tampa the year they won the Super Bowl. Had like two picks. Was made the MVP. Has show nothing else.

Wow. I'm sorry but that is a very stupid comment.

So, why are there WR's on running plays?, might just leave them on the bench since blocking is not what they're getting paid to do.

I dont understand the hate on Kelly, he's been injured for while and missing a lot of practice time and that's why he has not contributed yet. Some of you act like if he WANTED to be injured and not play.

Well, it might be a little suspicious if we brought in a bunch of linemen. They just might guess what was coming, ya know?

Yeah, just by judging him on Sundays' game, I really like Malcolm Kelly. I think he'll be able to contribute here and there and should add a little extra to our offense THIS YEAR. As for Devin Thomas, I still remember him getting open quite a bit, but we never seemed to go his way (especially early in the season). I think with some work and development we could have some good WR's here.

I think Malcolm Kelly will be great. That was a KO block and he has the largest hands on the team.

Show me an 80 yard TD run from Portis in a Redskins uniform. Face it. Portis is no longer the home run hitter he was in Denver. He counters that with his ability to take the ball 30 times a game.

Show me an 80 yard TD run from Portis in a Broncos uniform. Never happened.

His best season he had 13 20+ yard runs in Denver. Right now he has 13 20+ yard runs this season... with 5 games to go...

Yes, a block down the field could spring him all the way and he can stil hit home runs...

Archived