Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about seats directly behind goalpost

Larry Brown #43

Has anyone ever sat in the 100 level at FedEx, directly behind one of the goalposts? I never have, and I'm curious if the view is any good. I'd imagine seeing the action at the other end of the field would be a challenge, unless your seat is fairly high up in your section. Am I right about that?

Is there an optimal row (or range of rows) where you'd want to sit if you were in that section? In other words, is it better to sit as high as you can?

I've never sat in a section like that before, but I'm curious about it and just want to see what the experience is like.

I sat in front of the band in about row 15 a couple years ago for a game. I hadn't been to a game in a while at that point, and it was really exciting to be that close to the field, even if most of the action took place away from that end zone. So for every game, I'd prefer to be in 15 or higher, but just for one game there's nothing wrong with being even closer there behind the goal post, it's pretty fun. Just my opinion, others will disagree.

For several years I had seats in Sect 131 Row 9 behind the goalposts. When the action was at your end it was right there and life-sized. When they were going away from you it was very difficult to judge depth. Was that play 4 yards or 14?

Yeah, my seats are in the corner, 2nd row of section 235. I love those seats, but you're right, the plays down at the other end you almost have to judge depth by the reaction of the crowd. Big roar means that 4 was actually 14!

I started bringing small but good binoculars. I recommend them even if your seats are near the field.

Archived