Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golden ages of sports, if you had a time machine

Spaceman Spiff

The 80's had Tyson, and a sick welterweight division. Kinda like how we have Fedor and a sick light heavyweight division. The 80's also had a douchebag promoter, Don King. We have a good promoter, that acts like a douchebag, Dana White.

The 70's had a very, very deep heavyweight division. Deeper than anything boxing or MMA has ever had to offer. Roberto Duran kept the LW belt for almost the entire 70's decade before he simply left the division to find bigger fish, and Carlos Monzon defended the MW title 14 times in a row. 70's boxing wasn't as flashy as 80's boxing, but it had more dominance, and the deepest division ever.

my bad, i thought that hearns and company were fighting in the 80s. i must be getting old because i am lumping them all together.

Soccer of the 50's and 60's

The thing about soccer is, the game hasn't really changed like other sports have. It's a fairly simple game but thats what makes it beautiful. It's poetry in motion, there are no words to describe the beauty of perfectly threaded through blame that releases a striker to score a goal.

But i'd go back to the 50's and 60's so I could see greats like Ferenc Puskas and Pele as well as many others.

I'd probably want to go back to the time of Jim Thorpe and see his performance in the Olympics and then watch him almost single handedly carry the pro football league to it's inception.

Then I would buy a team and invest in the league and ride it to greatness.

Speaking of the Olympics, I'd want to see Jesse Owens in Berlin in 1936.

Although I'm white, Jesse Owens in the 1936 olympics has to be the most pivotal moment in sports ever

Baseball-1950's and 1970's. Willie, Mickey and the Duke. The Big Red Machine.

NCAA Basketball-1970's and 1980's. The glory days of my NC State Wolfpack. David Thompson and the Cardiac Pack.

Football-1980's. The Diesel and the Hogs.

NBA-1980's thru the mid 1990's. Magic, Larry, Jordan.

Archived