Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twin TE set (nfl network related)

Meskeet21

on nfc playbook, i just watched the re-run of billick explaining the awesome that is the TE twin set using the bears. how well it works creating mis matches for the offense. we see how well its working for the bears.

so why the hell dont we use this? we got 2 TE's more than capabale of making crucial 3rd down receptions and this is one more formation that defensive coordinators gotta stress about.

LISTEN TO BILLICK ZORN!!!

on nfc playbook, i just watched the re-run of billick explaining the awesome that is the TE twin set using the bears. how well it works creating mis matches for the offense. we see how well its working for the bears.

so why the hell dont we use this? we got 2 TE's more than capabale of making crucial 3rd down receptions and this is one more formation that defensive coordinators gotta stress about.

Most times we need to keep that extra TE in to block.. the O line isn't getting it done.

Why is Billick on NFL Network instead of working as a coach? Oh that's right, because his Raven offenses SUCKED.

I guess it helped in Minnesota when he had RObert SMith rushing, a young Dante Culpepper and old Randall Cunningham passing, and Randy Moss and Chris Carter to throw to... and Nate Burelson.

Most times we need to keep that extra TE in to block.. the O line isn't getting it done.
Yes, if the OL was doing a better job in pass protection I'm sure we'd see more 2 TE sets. All I can think of right now is Spurrior leaving Ramsey virtually unprotected. :doh:

I guess it helped in Minnesota when he had RObert SMith rushing, a young Dante Culpepper and old Randall Cunningham passing, and Randy Moss and Chris Carter to throw to... and Nate Burelson.

Yeah, it helped them become the highest scoring team ever.

Were the bears flexing one of the TEs into the slot? That's where this personnel grouping really rocks then. I would love to see Cooley in the slot more - he can't get jammed as easily, it creates more coverage issues and it doesn't hurt your run blocking as much.

However, we have a really good FB. Going two TE leaves Sellers on the sidelines. I don't see this formation becoming our bread & butter.

Archived