Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower over James

Btubes18

I just saw a news tip on CBS Sports talking about starting the rookie Tim Hightower over Edge. This guy went to my high school and has a ton of determination. Not to mention he was a stud in college. I think it would be a smart move by the Cardinals to give him a chance in the open field to run. Right now he is a TD scoring machine. I would not be surprised if he put up some big numbers for the remainder of the season. Any thoughts?

CBS article

"News: The East Valley Tribune reports that the Cardinals could be making a move to replace starter Edgerrin James with rookie Tim Hightower. James, after suggesting he should be used more, only rushed for 17 yards on seven carries and lost a critical fumble at Carolina. Hightower, though not used much (six carries, 3 yards), ran for a 2-yard touchdown. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said, "I think we've shown we're going to play the players who give us the best chance to win. ... At a point where we feel Tim gives us the best chance to win, then absolutely. But I don't think you can judge it just based on (Sunday's) game." Whisenhunt suggested, though, that Hightower figures to get a heavier workload. Hearing this, James said, "That's the way it was heading anyway, so it's cool."

Awesome,

I just made a trade for this guy in one of my fantasy leagues

Traded: Steve Slaton ; Jeff Garcia

For: Tim Hightower ; Plaxico Burress

I needed a WR and had Westbrook, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Lynch

Nice Trade! You came out on top on this one, IMO.

Why not? Edge is clearly not the same guy he was. Why not start the 22 year old rookie, then work in your young QB in the next couple years?

I watched an NFL Network special from the beginning of the season and Edge was talking about how he was not done, and he wanted to play a few more years. He talked very highly of Hightower, calling him a true "workhorse". He seemed to be nervous his job was in jeopardy. I know Tim would have loved to be a Redskin...to bad we don't have any need for him right now.

Not to mention Edge is going to cost that team 5 million next year. With the talent and skill that Hightower has shown thus far, there is no reason for him not to be the starter. A fresh new running back combined with that scary passing offense, a new sun might be setting in Arizona.

Awesome,

I just made a trade for this guy in one of my fantasy leagues

Traded: Steve Slaton ; Jeff Garcia

For: Tim Hightower ; Plaxico Burress

I needed a WR and had Westbrook, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Lynch

not bad. i was high on hightower since training camp. actually used my final pick in the 3rd round of my dynasty rookie draft to take hightower. and he has turned out to be the best pick.

1st rounder was limas sweed

first 2nd rounder was chad henne

second 2nd rounder was early doucet

third 2nd rounder was ryan torain

then hightower was my first 3rd round pick.

what would have been better was if i had taken chris johnson instead of sweed, CJ went just before i took henne. then id have portis, ronnie brown, chris johnson, hightower and torain for the 2RB, 1 RB/WR spot.

but im hoping he starts getting the nod over edge. even though he is still putting up a steady 10 points a game with his limited touches.

Archived