Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As good as No. 2 was, No. 3 missed out.

Art

Art, while I don't mind the Dockery pick, Simms may have been the better pick. We should keep this in perspective though as a third round pick..perhaps, since we had so few picks, we had greater hopes and expectations as fans than we should have.

I do wonder why, if they were going to choose a Guard, they didn't take Montrae Holland.

Originally posted by Cskin

I was as shocked as anyone with the Dockery pick, but no one can overlook his size and potential. Yes... some said he seemed aloof and disinterested at the combine, but that might be attributed to something else other than football. The thing is, he was at one time considered THE top guard prospect in the draft. he's 6'7 and 340lbs.... that is a mammoth of a man. With Fiore's injury history, along with Tre's, this could actually turn out to be a good pick in a year or two. Can you imagine a line with....

Samuels.....

Dockery......

Moore..or an Upgrade

Thomas....

Jansen...

Talk about an immovable object.....

I was surprised by the Dockery pick but I like it for all the same reasons Cskin.

:cheers::pint::pint::cheers:

I like the idea of that line in a couple years if Dockery can stay in shape.

That said, it's not like it hasn't happened before with a Texas O-lineman. Leonard Davis showed up to the combine 20 pounds overweight a couple years ago, and now he's a top guard.

If dockery can stay in shape? Thats a big if.

Dockery could have easily been a first rounder, but he played at like 370 last season. the only thiing he seems interested in is Krispy Kreme. (Mmmm... Krispy Kreme!)

But if they get his fat butt in shape, he'll be a mauler. Big and nasty.

He was a risky pick, but one that might pay off big time.

Like many of you, I was shocked at the pick. However, after reading some on this guy I can't say I'm really disappointed. Fiore has an injury history and does Tre. I read somewhere that Lenny could possibly move to center. I look for us to try to move Jones now. Anyone know the cap space of Jones and Sulfstead?

All in all, Dockery is the mauler that we don't really have right now. If he's who the scouts had rated the best available athlete then here's hoping he pans out in the next two to three years. I just hope we can motivate him to play.

Why all the bad feelings over Dockery? The guy is a great guard prospect. Tre Johnson and Dave Fiore both have injury problems. Dockery will be able to play LG and RG right away and possibly RT in a pinch. I'm thinking he will eventually replace Tre Johnson at RG and and used for run blocking. The Skins needed a guy like this because Thomas isn't a run blocking guard.

Also, some people are upset Sims wasn't picked by us. I dunno want games you guys were watching but in every game I've seen Sims play in where he faced talent on the defensive side of the ball he has played horrible. 'Choke' is the best word that comes to mind. The guy has all the tangibles but doesn't bring his game when it matters. I don't think he will ever make it in the NFL.

Archived