Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens doing it right

Rabblerouser

I don't think Boller is the ready prospect that Ramsey was and for him to go as high as he did doesn't reflect that the Ravens took him right where he should have been taken. Granted someone was going to take him earlier than where Ramsey was taken a year ago, but, the Ravens are burning a lot of time on QBs and simply are not finding guys. Suggs was a good pick though and I think Newsome does a fine job. I just think the Boller pick was a reach for them and a way to appease Billick because that seemed more reaching than was necessary on Boller.

I think the Ravens have done a terrible job. Here's a team with a total of 11 picks in this years draft and they trade a first next year and their second for Kyle Boller?! Terrible move. This is where teams get taken. They draft for need and end up taking a guy too high or paying to much to get them.

Kyle Boller had on good year in college and now he's going to a team where the coach hasn't been able to do anything with the QB's he's had and he let the best one he had go in Dilfer.

I just heard on ESPN that the Ravens had a deal in place to move up to the 7th spot and take Leftwich but were screwed by Jacksonville (who's coach and GM are ex-Ravens) by keeping the Vikings on the phone to the very last minute so the trade wouldn't go through.

They took Suggs which at 10 was a no brainer then paniced and spent entirely too much to get Boller.

Last year the Redskins traded down twice and still got the QB they wanted.

Archived