Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JO Sports, Inc - Redskins Game Used Stuff

70Chip44

I got the hoodie and it is the same as what JO sells. It has the NFC EAST in gold vertical position on the back side. It is officially known as a "Valiant Hooded Fleece", Made in China, Style number 8224A 07...the 07 I think is the year. The MSRP is $70 and the sales tag has the NFL hologram. Both the sales tag and the neck tag are listed "authentic sideline".

If anyone has purchased one from JO please confirm or deny my belief that this is genuine.

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-HOODIE-SWEATSHIRT-SIZE-XL_W0QQitemZ370153321671QQihZ024QQcategoryZ57990QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sure looks like the $200 hoodies that they have on the first page of the sideline page as shown below:

http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=373

for a little over a tenth of the price. I got the XL indicated above but there are other sizes...they may have other XL though. I'll post again if they seem legitimite.

I got the hoodie and it is the same as what JO sells. It has the NFC EAST in gold vertical position on the back side. It is officially known as a "Valiant Hooded Fleece", Made in China, Style number 8224A 07...the 07 I think is the year. The MSRP is $70 and the sales tag has the NFL hologram. Both the sales tag and the neck tag are listed "authentic sideline".

If anyone has purchased one from JO please confirm or deny my belief that this is genuine.

Xav, yours is exactly the same as JoSportsCo. That was my first purchase from them but I paid $100 (it was being shown at $200 at the time). There's no initials in mine. I detailed that item in this thread somewhere early on.

I was kind of surprised when I went to the next game after that purchase and found one of my regular tailgate buddies wearing the exact same hoodie. :doh:

Mark is right about the range. The Albright was actually $750. I was trying to work a deal for that and another jersey, but someone bought it before I could negotiate the final price. I was salty about that one to say the least.

They originally quoted me $550 for it, before they got it in, then they told me it would be $650. When they received it, it went on their site for $750. :(

What does it mean on the thermopatches that the uniforms are "thru Seattle Seahawks"? Did Seattle confiscate all the uniforms from the Redskins and sell them to JO? Weird wording.
lol

It means these jerseys are from depth guys. Unlike the starter jerseys, the Redskins re-use the jerseys on most depth guys. So the ones that say "thru" were used for multiple games, ending in the last game.

Be careful - some of the recently added jerseys indicating use in the Seattle playoff game aren't accurate. I've already alerted Brian at JoSports. For example, Pucillo was placed on IR on Dec 27, Eubanks was waived on Dec 19 (resigned to the practice squad on 1/2/08), and Farris was released 12/15. Obviously, none of these guys suited up for the playoff game, so don't buy those thinking you're getting a playoff jersey. But their jerseys were probably used for each and every game they suited up for in 2007 - although clearly these guys aren't starters. There is also an issue with Campbell's 75th anni jersey - Campbell customized his sleeves shorter and the game pics prove that, but the jersey's sleeves on the site are long and uncustomized. Something is up with that. Brian is researching it.

They are mispelled, sorry about that.

The reason for thru Seattle is that most of them also have purple facemask marks so that would be from the Vikings 12/23/07, some grey marks from the Cowboys 12/30/07 and the Seahawks 1/5/08 Wildcard game. So for all that it was thru Seattle. :cheers:

The reason for thru Seattle is that most of them also have purple facemask marks so that woul be from the Vikings 12/23/07, some grey marks from the Cowboys 12/30/07 and the Seahawks 1/5/08 Wildcard game. So for all that it was thru Seattle. :cheers:

Jeromy, don't you think it's likely the jerseys go back further than that? I'm thinking they are probably used for the whole season or at least most of the season just like in the good ole' days prior to 2006.

BTW, Brian is waiting for you to call in. :) ...unless I'm confusing you with Jerrod.

The reason for thru Seattle is that most of them also have purple facemask marks so that would be from the Vikings 12/23/07, some grey marks from the Cowboys 12/30/07 and the Seahawks 1/5/08 Wildcard game. So for all that it was thru Seattle. :cheers:

Well if that's the case, Thanks for the Collins!

btw- is it possible to send it out with a non misspelled "Seattlte" tag?

Thanks!

Well if that's the case, Thanks for the Collins!

btw- is it possible to send it out with a non misspelled "Seattlte" tag?

Thanks!

Ned - I wouldn't be positive of that. Since Collins was a starter after the Bears game, they would have wanted to retire his jersey after each game - IF they had extra jerseys for him. But it's also possible they didn't have any extras ready to go since he was an abrupt starter, forcing them to re-use Collins' jersey repeatedly. So it's possible he only used one.

Also, it's my understanding that the equipment manager generally has two sets of each color for each player in case one gets ripped up during a game. So that would make at least two 2007 white Collins jerseys floating around somewhere. Not sure if both would have the 21 patch though. I can see that the underarms are customized just like his 75 anni which I have, so that's a good sign. ;)

So basically I think it's possible that jersey is just from the Seattle game. It's also possible that your jersey is the one and only white jersey he used in 2007 - which would make it pretty special. :)

Edit: getty has some nice images of Collins. Qwest is FieldTurf, which is why the jerseys stayed clean.

78788650.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193A1D0B67C5DCBA3CF604115D6E8F5FFBF

Ned - I wouldn't be positive of that. Since Collins was a starter after the Bears game, they would have wanted to retire his jersey after each game - IF they had extra jerseys for him. But it's possible they didn't have any extras ready to go since he was an abrupt starter, forcing them to re-use Collins' jersey repeatedly. So it's possible he only used one.

Also, it's my understanding that the equipment manager generally has two sets of each color for each player in case one gets ripped up during a game. So that would make at least two 2007 white Collins jerseys floating around somewhere. Not sure if both would have the 21 patch though.

So basically I think it's possible that jersey is just from the Seattle game. It's also possible that your jersey is the one and only white jersey he used in 2007 - which would make it pretty special. :)

Jeromy and I spoke a little while ago (before you wrote the above), and we will wait and see. Let's (I) hope it's worn in the last few games of the season! :cheers:

Even if it's not, it is still a nice game worn jersey. The "21" and 75th anniversary patches are just icing on the cake.

Thank you to extremeskins for all of your constant support. I have a couple things to cover here. First, the abbreviation we use for “through” is “thru”. This shortens the line so we can fit everything that is relevant to the jersey. We use “vs” rather than “versus” etc. The important thing is not so much the abbreviations but your game worn jersey you own is authentic and may be able to photo match.

Secondly, I want to give some insight on the playoff shirts and how the jersey program works. Star players are issued numerous jerseys per year. Guys like Todd Collins “21” shirt, is the ONLY jersey he wore. Lower tier guys like Albright, Golston etc. are only issued 2 jerseys each year.

Last, one thing I don’t think collector’s understand are how rare the 2008 opening game “GU” jerseys are and will be. 75% of the leagues teams stripped the patch and reused the jerseys. The Redskins did not!! How many times do you wish you would have purchased a “GSS” patch jersey? Man if only the Vikings would have kept the “GU” patch on the Adrian Peterson jersey!! I had a $15k offer. BUT they stripped it. The only Redskins we have are Moss, Landry, J. Taylor, Betts, Randle El, McIntosh, Smoot, Washington, Samuels, Rogers, D. Thomas(first jersey), Carter. This will be the same for the 2008 Sean Taylor Ring of Honor game. By the way the Taylor game vs. Giants are the only jerseys that survived the patch intact. Every jersey was stripped the patch and reused.

WE WILL HAVE THE 2008 JERSEYS AVALIABLE FOR SALE THIS WEEK.

A little bit of info for the Redskins fan. Thank you.

Jarrod

www.josportsco.com

Secondly, I want to give some insight on the playoff shirts and how the jersey program works. Star players are issued numerous jerseys per year. Guys like Todd Collins “21” shirt, is the ONLY jersey he wore. Lower tier guys like Albright, Golston etc. are only issued 2 jerseys each year.

A little bit of info for the Redskins fan. Thank you.

Jarrod

www.josportsco.com

Jarrod,

Does this mean he only wore 1 jersey from the Bills game on through the Playoff game? This jersey has 6 games worth of use on it? Awesome!

Thanks for clarifying

Also, does the 2 jersey rule mean one white and one burgundy or 2 of each color?

Also, do the Redskins have to pay anything to have a new jersey for each game for each "star" player? Or do they use previous years jerseys for the depth players and assign their yearly allocation to the "star" players?

Archived