Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC:Suisham Starts Work with New Holder -- Plackemeier

RedskinsSuperBowl21

Suisham Starts Work with New Holder -- Plackemeier

The Skins' new punter began working with kicker Shaun Suisham today, as he will be holding for field-goal and point-after kicks. Suisham doesn't kick much on Wednesdays - Thursday is more of his kicking day - but he and Ryan Plackemeier did work for a while on simulating kicks and just getting the timing down.

Suisham has no concerns over the exchanges. "He's a good punter and he's been in the league for three years," Suisham said. "I don't anticipate any issues whatsoever."

Plackemeier said he is comfortable holding - there were a few issues in this regard with former punter Durant Brooks, a rookie - and Suisham said he expects them to build a chemistry in short order.

"We just started to familiarize outselves with each other, just getting used to working together," he said.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

sounds good. I can't imagine this kid being any worse than Brooks. I mean experience alone should give him an edge. I do remember one of his punts in the 4th qtr of the Rams game the players and coaches were visibly getting on his case, which is sad for him, but you have to perform. And it has become apparent that the pressrue really started to effect his game.

I think we should have Collins or someone else hold until we are sure of what we have at punter.

Otherwise if this guy doesn't work out, Suisham has to change holders again in a few weeks.

Didn't Plackemeier get cut once already this season for pretty much the same reason we cut Frost AND Brooks?

I think we should have Collins or someone else hold until we are sure of what we have at punter.

Otherwise if this guy doesn't work out, Suisham has to change holders again in a few weeks.

Didn't Plackemeier get cut once already this season for pretty much the same reason we cut Frost AND Brooks?

Yes, he was cut, but I believe he was injured at the time.

I don't think the Redskins will rush Plackemeier out the door unless he is really REALLY bad. :)

Archived