Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do the Redskins need external motivations for them to play well

JoeGibbsRypenGClark91

In 2005 everyone counted them out. Then they played their best ball. No turnovers, focused and ball hawking. Win 5 in a row.

Next year people pick them do decent. They go freaking 5-11. They should no heart all year.

2007 they needed the Sean Taylor tragedy and being counted out of the playoffs to start playing well. Win 4 in a row vs 4 tough teams. People pick to win in the wild card round they looked unfocused .

2008. Everyone is picking them last. They come out and punk Dallas in Dallas, Philly in Philly, Arizona and New Orleans in the mouth. All 4 weeks most of the experts picked them to lose. They come saying WE PROVED ALL THE EXPERTS WRONG.

This week every expert picked them on every show. And they looked like they were going through the motions until they got behind by 9.

Did managment including Gibbs just pick the wrong players? They not seem to be motivated just by trying to win a super bowl. They need hate and critics to give them the fuel to win.

I don't think you can win a super bowl like this. Critics will always jump on you when you lose but praise you when you pull a string of wins. With this mentality you could never go 13-3 or 14-2 and get home field.

I just knew they were going to lose when i saw the experts pick them to win.

When you are un-professional, you need the external motivation.

When you have play up or down to the level of your competition, you need external motivation.

When you don't want the game more than your opponent, you need external motivation.

When you don't want to win the Superbowl, you need external motivation.

When you are un-professional, you need the external motivation.

When you have play up or down to the level of your competition, you need external motivation.

When you don't want the game more than your opponent, you need external motivation.

When you don't want to win the Superbowl, you need external motivation.

The question is why? Is it because they are over paid to come here ? Should we be getting cheap and hungry guys ? The team obviously has the talent but not the motivation.

The question is why? Is it because they are over paid to come here ? Should we be getting cheap and hungry guys ? The team obviously has the talent but not the motivation.

What are you talking about. The team didn't have the motivation this week. With that being said it looked like they had the motivation against both the Eagles and the Cowboys. I blame the coaching for this loss. You have to have the team reading to play week by week. Zorn was to relaxed after the last two wins and it showed today. They played sloppy and you have to blame the coaching. It has nothing to do with what the players are getting paid.

What are you talking about. The team didn't have the motivation this week. With that being said it looked like they had the motivation against both the Eagles and the Cowboys. I blame the coaching for this loss. You have to have the team reading to play week by week. Zorn was to relaxed after the last two wins and it showed today. They played sloppy and you have to blame the coaching. It has nothing to do with what the players are getting paid.

You blame coaching for everything. Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem. My point was the external motivation was all the experts picking against them vs the Cowboys and Eagles.

At first, I thought that this problem the skins have of playing to the level of their opponents was just a product of Gibbs . . . but after today, I came to the bitter realization that it is just the Redskins. While I am not writing this team off after the loss, nor am I all doom and gloom, I do think that we just have this problem in the players. I honestly thought that it was coaching that made us do this over the past four years . . . but after today, it is just something in the players. This game was so damn similar to the game against the Titans in 2006. And the constant is the players. Again, I am not writing off this team, its players, etc. I still think we have a shot to be special this year and that Coach Zorn will be a very good coach for us . . . but we (the team) need to really figure this one out. Because if not, we'll never be able to accomplish the goals we've set.

I've never seen so much positive media hype for the skins this week. Its been a lonnng time since everyone agreed the skins are a contender. Maybe losing to the rams will keep the skins stuck at 16 in the power rankings so everyone can stay "medium".

You blame coaching for everything. Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem. My point was the external motivation was all the experts picking against them vs the Cowboys and Eagles.

How many posts of mine have you seen. I don't blame coaching for everything, but this game I do. You better watch your self with the insults buddy or you might get some time off.

At first, I thought that this problem the skins have of playing to the level of their opponents was just a product of Gibbs . . . but after today, I came to the bitter realization that it is just the Redskins. While I am not writing this team off after the loss, nor am I all doom and gloom, I do think that we just have this problem in the players. I honestly thought that it was coaching that made us do this over the past four years . . . but after today, it is just something in the players. This game was so damn similar to the game against the Titans in 2006. And the constant is the players. Again, I am not writing off this team, its players, etc. I still think we have a shot to be special this year and that Coach Zorn will be a very good coach for us . . . but we (the team) need to really figure this one out. Because if not, we'll never be able to accomplish the goals we've set.

It was so damn simular to the Raiders game in 05 too. You dominate in yards. Get early turnover for a score. But then you let a team hang around in fed ex by fumbling the ball. That game it was Portis fumbling .

How many posts of mine have you seen. I don't blame coaching for everything, but this game I do. You better watch your self with the insults buddy or you might get some time off.

I am serious. I am not insulting you at all. I think you have a reading comp problem with my post. You misunderstood the point of the thread. It might be my writing style.

I doubt the players even listened to any prognostication that came around. I don't credit the wins this year to any sort of external motivation other than that we got owned in NY.

In a way, we were bound for a letdown here after strong performances against divisional foes and facing a team that regrouped after a bye.

Jason

I doubt the players even listened to any prognostication that came around. I don't credit the wins this year to any sort of external motivation other than that we got owned in NY.

In a way, we were bound for a letdown here after strong performances against divisional foes and facing a team that regrouped after a bye.

Jason

They don't listen. " People tell them" They boys say yo you guys are 14 point underdogs. No one picking you. Portis said it himself.They got full of themselves hearing on the good comments.

Archived