Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seating Question

jaybrant

i took my wife to a steelers game last year.. i know i know steelers fan bla.

anyway, in the second half there were people moving around to empty seats and security didnt seem to mind at all.

was wondering how security is at fedex. do they let you move to empty seats if they're available?

i took my wife to a steelers game last year.. i know i know steelers fan bla.

anyway, in the second half there were people moving around to empty seats and security didnt seem to mind at all.

was wondering how security is at fedex. do they will let you move to empty seats if they're available?

From my experience.... it really depends on the game and the usher..... and honestly if you have a little one with you, with friends I have been asked to leave sections with the little one.... never!

In a nutshell, it's almost always a crapshoot.....

My experience is, you can generally move around within the bowl, but getting through the tunnels past security is the hard part because they want to see your ticket. If it doesn't match, they won't let you through. They're more strict in the lower level and near the 50 than elsewhere. Sometimes if they're busy dealing with somebody else, you can just walk on by.

First you find a some empty seats in a desireable location. It's usually best to wait about a half hour after kickoff. Check to see if there is any trash under the seats. Concession trash is a tell tale sign the seats have been occupied and the occupants usually return. If there is no trash by the end of the first quarter, it's a good sign the ticket holders may never show.

If moving to the lower level, the key to getting past the ushers is all in the body language. If you pace slowly out of the tunnel while swivelling your head all around, the usher will likely card you to see where you belong.

If you walk in like you belong there, the usher usually won't take your time or his to check your tickets. It also helps to wait for the usher to be distracted with other patrons.

Once you're in your new found seats, keep an eye out for other nearby vacancies in the event you get ousted. A good relocation plan can keep you in the money.

If squatting in seats where you know you don't belong, no not hesitate to get up if the seat holder returns. Never argue with anyone. If the usher has to be dispatched, you'll look like a jackass.

I've been using this method to sit in the lower level at midfield for several years. It's easier to do at the less crowded games like this Sunday. Some games I can stay the entire game w/out having to move. Other times I'll get moved once, but I can usually find empty seats nearby. If worse comes to worse, I just go back to my seats in the Cave.

Hail!

Archived