Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have a Legal question

RedskinsSuperBowl21

My younger brother goes to JMU and got an underage drinking charge last year. He went to court and they gave hime 75 hours of community service and 20 hours of the ASAP program. He is a dip **** and has had the case continued 3 times and his final court date is Oct 15. He completed the 75 hours of Community service and 14 hours of ASAP(6 hours short). He will be like 4 hours short I think by the time the court date arrives.

My parents are downstairs ****ing him out right now about how he is going to go to jail. I want to be the leveled headed one i nthe situation and was hoping to get some advice on the consequences he will be facing and if there is anything I can do to help his dumbass.

:doh:

My younger brother goes to JMU and got an underage drinking charge last year. He went to court and they gave hime 75 hours of community service and 20 hours of the ASAP program. He is a dip **** and has had the case continued 3 times and his final court date is Oct 15. He completed the 75 hours of Community service and 14 hours of ASAP(6 hours short). He will be like 4 hours short I think by the time the court date arrives.

My parents are downstairs ****ing him out right now about how he is going to go to jail. I want to be the leveled headed one i nthe situation and was hoping to get some advice on the consequences he will be facing and if there is anything I can do to help his dumbass.

:doh:

He still has a chance. He should get a firm schedule for the last 6 hours of the ASAP now (RIGHT NOW), and explain to the judge that he messed up but he is almost finished and will be completely done by X date. Judge will probably let him slide one more time if it looks like he is going to complete it.

Judges don't want to send people to jail just for being screw-ups. But if the judge thinks you are not taking the sentence seriously or otherwise defying the court, you are in deep doo doo.

The folks are overreacting a tad although I don't blame them for being ticked off in general. Your bro is not going to jail because he's 4 hours short. But it wouldn't hurt if he did a little extra community service before his court date just to be safe.

Of course I could be wrong.

When I said ****ing him out it was an understatement haha then again I dont want to see him getting put in handcuffs either. He has a clean record prior to this incident but he has not been taking ASAP seriously. I was wondering if jail time is a possibilty

Whatever happened to a simple fine for underage drinking?

those days are long gone. I've had my fair share of experience with this charge and its not a big deal but its a pain in the ass. I think that as long as your brother shows the judge proof that he is enrolled and working towards completing the ASAP course he should be fine. I assume its the 10 week 2 hour program? As long as he finishes it and then mails proof back to the court he will be fine as long as the judge says its ok.

those days are long gone. I've had my fair share of experience with this charge and its not a big deal but its a pain in the ass. I think that as long as your brother shows the judge proof that he is enrolled and working towards completing the ASAP course he should be fine. I assume its the 10 week 2 hour program? As long as he finishes it and then mails proof back to the court he will be fine as long as the judge says its ok.

yea thats exactly right except he apparently has had 6 months to get it done and hasn't :doh:

...i thought underage drinking was like not having your car inspection just mail in the fine in but I guess Va and Md have toughened up due to all the DUI fatalities in recent years

Archived