Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticketmaster, TicketsNow & Stubhub

xavmit

I logged on to my Redskins account and if you click on the ticketmaster icon you will be taken to ticketsnow. There are some amazing deals here. Green parking for 40 or so. There are lower level 50 yardline seats for around a 100 each. This appears to be different than the email straight from the ticket office. In that email it takes you to a different interface even though both are from ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/TicketList.aspx?PID=633185

What has happened to Stub Hub?

Also, on ebay right now there are 985 entries for Redskins tickets and I get ebay emails for around 200 new entries each day.

I am surprised there were 88K at the home opener with all these people trying to sell tickets.

I really don't like TicketsNow, I consider the site a virus.

First, they don't have tickets, they just broadcast tickets from other sites, so what's the point of buying from them? Second, if you check their prices by going through the process, you'll see they add a hefty service fee and a hefty shipping fee. Third, once you enter your email which you have to do to check the actual prices, they automatically record it with your IP and keep it. So a month later when you innocently check the site for a particular game just to look, they'll recognize your IP and start spamming your email inbox for "deals" on that game. Which aren't deals at all.

I avoid that site like the plague.

I think the reason we now have the ticketmaster icon on redskins.com is because stubhub basically shuts down Wednesday at noon, leaving the team with no convenient way to sell last minute seats and passes to Sunday's game. Ticketmaster solves that problem. But if we're not in the Wed-Sun time frame, you get TicketsNow. Why they throw us to TicketsNow and not something else, I have no idea.

Edit: Ahh - TicketsNow is "a Ticketmaster company" according to their logo. That answers that question.

But TicketsNow is a Ticketmaster company. For the Saints and now the Cardinals I got an email from the TO that if you choose the "click here" option over calling the ticket office you are lead to a ticketmaster site that looks like it comes from the redskins. It has the redskins stadium seat location guide and links to buy tickets in the upper level, club, dream and loge sections. It does not have lower level tickets for sale though.

Now, in order to order you have to have an account. It seems like I already had one even though I am not a season ticket holder...just needed a password that they sent when I clicked on the "I forgot my password" link. Once I log on to my redskins account

I can click on the ticketmaster icon and get linked to TicketsNow....not the other site that comes from the email from the TO.

It seems like the only way to get to that first site is to actually get an email from the TO with the link imbedded.

None of this involves StubHub and I also noticed a lack of StubHub dedicated windows on the home side of FedEx on Sunday.

Maybe you missed the thread before the game last week. That thread had a Ticketmaster link that allowed you to buy tickets from the Redskins, but the link didn't appear to start until after the Stubhub site basically shut down, which it does Wednesday around noon.

I didn't get an email, and I was able to get to that site and mess around on it thanks to the link in the thread. I didn't order anything, but I'm confident that I could have, even without an account.

As I said, I am sure this is in place due to the Wed-Sun stubhub black out.

I have a real problem with TicketsNow. I bought a blue parking pass for the game at Dallas there at a good price, then got an email saying "sorry, we don't have it and can't find any at that price". I was confused, so I called and they said they have no inventory and just list tickets for people who may have them listed all over the place and they may have been sold elsewhere. OK, so maybe this isn't specific to them, but I never had that indicated to me, so I had passed up other deals thinking I had the pass bought.

I wish I could eBay my tickets sometimes for games I can't go to. They're too spendy to sell here and I never have any luck on StubHub. At least on eBay I could probably get at least $100-$150 under cost for them, but I'm too chicken **** and don't want to risk losing my seats.

I know that it's not as convenient as a computer-based system but if you are looking to BUY tickets there is no more of an affordable place than the FedEx Field parking lots about an hour or two before gametime. I have been going to games since the place opened and there are ALWAYS tickets to be purchased. The seats might not be the best for Dallas but at last Sunday's game there were many quality seats availible.

That's right glonn. Glad to see you know what's up.

There may not be a better place in the league to buy quality tickets at an affordable price than what we have at FedEx.

Hustlers row on Morgan Blvd. is like going to the fireworks stand on July 5th.

How good of prices are you talking for a NFC (B)East match-up from this Hustler's Row? :cardsuck:

HTTR

How good of prices are you talking for a NFC (B)East match-up from this Hustler's Row? :cardsuck:

HTTR

Last year I got a pair of of uppers for $40 total for the Eagles game. A few minutes later I found a pair in section 301, row 2 for $120 total. The club seats were from a person walking up from the Morgan Blvd. Metro stop, but the hustlers weren't even buying at that point they had so many tickets. The key to getting great deals is talking down the hustlers. Those guys have seats in all locations, you just have to know how to bargain.

I've never attempted to buy tix for the Dallas game b/c most of my friends are affraid to show up ticketless to that matchup.

Archived