Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field: Cameras?

redskins0756

I figured this was the appropriate place to ask this because it pertained exactly to the stadium's rules (literally) :D

I was wondering if SLR cameras were allowed at the stadium or if they were prohibited? Just curious because I may be going to a game this year and my Dad may bring his camera. I brought my video camera in last year and they didn't say anything (this was after spygate too) so I assume they would let you bring in an SLR camera.

Thanks and great win today

Damn good question! I can tell you of my experience that happened to me in mid august, My daughter was playing in the Babe Ruth softball world series in Penn. so I decided to swing on down to D.C. to see the stadium in person, and spent a ton of money in the Hall of fame store (Your welcome Mr. Snyder) so I pulled out my cam started snapping pics. of the wall of fame, the employee snapped one of me in front of the wall in the gift shop.

Then went outside and started snapping pics. of the stadium started walking around taking pics of the stadium through the fence, at NO TIME ever Hopping or trying to get past the fence. Well eventually I saw this security guy, I said "hey hows it going" next thing ya know he's radio'ing in "Yeah I got'em right here"... another security guy came down (Will Rice?) I believe he was head of security. After talking to him for a while 2 police officers rolled up (No KIDDING) I told'em Ok Ok lets go through the pics togethor and you can delete what ya want, but your not getting the Camera card (due to priceless LLWS photos of my daughter!!!) Their explanation to the whole deal was 9/11 heightened security cause it was one of the largest stadium holding a large capacity of people!!!

I'd call the stadium/security cause a fan from CA. found out the hard way!!! They might not care so much if the game is going on and your taking pics. of players and all but they weren't having it during the offseason!!!

Cameras

Still cameras, digital cameras and handheld video cameras are permitted at sporting events. Guests may not reproduce any shots for any commercial use without the written permission of the Redskins. For concerts, still cameras, digital cameras, video cameras and audio recording devices are not permitted.

I was surprised to see that video cameras are specifically allowed. But I guess the key here is "permitted at sporting events." Or in other words, when we couldn't search 90,000 people for cameras. During the offseason, all bets are off.

I've never heard of anyone not being allowed to bring any camera in the park honestly.

A couple of years ago I went to a boxing bout and brought my camera at the time (a point and shoot), the attendant at 1st started to say that I couldn't bring it in but then said that since the lens wasn't detachable it was ok. A basically if I had a DSLR I wouldn't have been able to bring it in.

Archived