Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rabach: Symptom of ineptitude

Norvitis

Rabach's good enough. He doesn't need to be replaced....YET. But if this is going to take 3 years (the offense mastering the WCO) we might as well get used to another several years of growing pains.

Yeah, very few people are talking about it but we are a team in 'rebuilding'. We have way to many old guys on the offensive and defensive lines and non-championship caliber younger players.

Rabach isn't the answer at center for a championship team. Golston and Monty aren't the answer at DT for a championship team. This is when losing draft picks all these years hurts bad. Blame Snyderatto for that. In fact...blame him for so much ridiculous instability at the coaching positions.

Most of the criticism here and elsewhere targets the name players, allowing others to escape scrutiny. One is Casey Rabach, entrenched center beloved by coaches and front office who constantly is handled by whomever is at defensive tackle. He gets no push, but is constantly pushed back. He talks big but performs small. He looked like he was on skates against the G'nats. He's a bum and should be benched. Yet the coaches and Cerrato are utterly enamored of the guy. Can someone explain this phenomenon?

I agree and have said it before, Rabach gets no push, he gets rag dolled frequently and seems to make the wrong adjustments.

The guy didn't look great coming from Baltimore. Supposely he was brought here for his athleticism. Where in the hell is it at???????

The thing I find amusing is, when he performs decently the rest of the line does too. Hmm.....

Guys and gals, the line has not performed well since the days of Stephen Davis and Tre' Johnson.

Another thing, was that crap blocking from the game on Thursday our new zone blocking scheme???:doh: It might be time to give Bugel his bus ticket.

Another thing, was that crap blocking from the game on Thursday our new zone blocking scheme???:doh: It might be time to give Bugel his bus ticket.

1. Bugel is not going to get his bus ticket.

2. It's kind of hard to run block effectively when the defense stacks 8 or 9 guys in the box every play because they dont respect our passing game and know all we can do is run.

1. Bugel is not going to get his bus ticket.

2. It's kind of hard to run block effectively when the defense stacks 8 or 9 guys in the box every play because they dont respect our passing game and know all we can do is run.

1. The organization should have changed the running schemes because the one Joe left wasn't that great and Portis had to run nearly 400 times a to get decent stats I know that its schemes, injuries, yada, yada, but the line has looked mediocre at best.

a. Bugels isn't a zone blocking style coach. He is a power running type coach. There is a difference.

2. I have been to games and have seen teams in the clouds and Portis was still suffering because the guys upfront were getting beat or manhandled.

They are mediocre at best.

1- Rabach's just fine. He's not great, but he's not close to bad either.

2- This thread is like a meeting of some of the biggest haters and trollish posters on the board, big surprise.

Hmm...don't like something that is said, yet we're the haters?

I'm no hater. I love my team. I'm no chicken little fan. Rabach is OK. But, I'd sure be looking for his replacement if I were the GM. In this game no ones job is safe. Vinny should be looking to replace every player with a better one. But if you start with the weakest guys on the team then Rabach would have to be one of the first to get replaced. He is clearly the weaklink on the line.

Rabach is a pretty good center. His strength is his athleticism- he's excellent for run blocking on counters and sweeps when he's got to pull out. When looking at the offense that Gibbs and then Saunders ran, he's the perfect fit at center for the rushing game.

But, he is on the small side, and against a team like the Giants, where they have a very good defensive line, he's going to struggle against the pass.

As someone said, this is the team that punctured the Patriots offensive line. Even without Strahan and Umenyiora, they've got some good players. Both teams had their good and bad points, and I don't think you can single out Rabach.

Archived