Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox reporting on a popular uprising in baghdad

Zen-like Todd

The problem with the Arabs are their social mores. They seem to value "honor", tribal loyalty, and common religious ties above all else, in whatever order you prefer. And they certainly value these things over truth, justice, honesty, and decency.

So no matter how just our invasion into Iraq is and has been, and no matter how decently we've carried it out, we're still hated by Arabs who see this as an affront to fellow Arabs and to their honor, and to fellow Muslims.

It's truly going to be a difficult challenge to turn them around on this, but it must happen if we are ever to truly be at peace with them.

Originally posted by riggins44

rv, can't blame Dan Rather and such to be polite to Saddam in interviews. The way that lunatic is he would shoot them if he

didn't like the question.

Then you don't do the interview. So I do blame Rather. He either willingly put himself in an impossible journalistic situation, willingly pandered to Saddam, or didn't have the balls to ask tough questions (e.g. "is there anyone alive who has killed more Muslims than you?"). There is no other possibility.

Originally posted by rv581

The first Gulf War made CNN what it is. I think the second Gulf War will make FOX. It's not a matter of right-wing/left-wing anymore; it's that FOX's reporters are just BETTER.

Yes - The first Gulf War "made" CNN and this war will "break" CNN.

Welcome to FoxNews - come one, come all!!!

Originally posted by JackC

stratoman,

I hope you don't think this is the hard part. The hard part will come in the next several years. Running this country will be a lot harder than defeating it in a war.

I agree that the hard part is yet to come but I get sick and tired of some media types, who IMHO, do not use journalistic integrity and are looking at and asking questions with a glass is 1/2 empty slant. President Bush stated in the State of the Union address shortly after 9/11 that the war on terror would take time and be fought on many fronts. He stated that we would not tolerate countries or regimes that harbored or supported terrorists. He also stated that either you are on the side of freedom or not. I feel he has stuck to his word.

" we want dirty laundry"

Don Henley

Originally posted by rv581

A real network?

Like ABC, whose news director said that the Americans killed in 9/11 were legitimate targets?

Like NBC, who blew-up trucks and blamed G.M. on Dateline?

Like CNN, who had to fire Peter Arnett after he falsely claimed on the air that American troops used chemical weapons in Vietnam?

Like CBS, where Dan Rather is more courteous in an interview with Saddam Husein than he ever is with President Bush?

Which "real" network do you mean?

Like almost everyone instead of Fox! I agree with Art again! Fox is biased!

Like almost everyone instead of Fox! I agree with Art again! Fox is biased!

Fox is more straight forth then the others mentioned. I watch then all. Fox just looks at things with the glass is 1/2 full mentality. Fox does not use the " blame America first" slant like some of the others!

That of course is your opinion. I respect it as such but do not concure.

IMHO Fox News should change it's name to GOPTV

I disagree with you and so does most of America as FNC is the # news channel in America.

I believe that Fox is right slanted, but I also belive that CNN is left slanted.

The biggest beef I have with Fox is they try to come off as independant while they obviously are not. If they want to be GOP tv, fine, that's is totally their right, but I get annoyed when the right views their coverage as fair and unbiased... sure it's fair and unbiased if your'e conservative, they are telling you what you want to hear. That WOULD be the truth to a conservative.

I would never proclaim that CNN is better in any fashion, to be honest, CNN annoys me as well.

Originally posted by stratoman

I disagree with you and so does most of America as FNC is the # news channel in America.

Actually FNC being the number one cable news channel doesn't mean "most of America" watches. Far from it.

One day I will explain how TV ratings work if you like.

IMHO, FNC is more balanced then CNN any day of the week. Again I look at a number of news services not just FNC and that is how I feel. So we can agree to disagee. :cheers:

I watch a bunch of them too and yes we will have to agree to disagree. Whenever I hear something on Fox I have to go to one of the others to make sure it's accurate.

Originally posted by Awgustlab

If you tune in to CNN, you'd think we were losing the war half the time (based on their presentation of the current events). No thanks. Might was well watch some of those Arab networks.

I totally agree with you! :cheers:

And if you watch Fox you might think that no people are dying on either side and that the aftermath will be easy.

Not at all. You lefties just don't get the "Big Picture". The world dynamic has changed. There is a pyridine shift in the world order.

yes it would be great if we didn't have to deal with evil but we have to. Alliances will and are changing to reflect this.

Here's the way I'll break this down, and you all by now know where I stand politically.

Fox is both looser editorially than its competitors, and is also farther right. It's not "far right" as some have claimed, but it's right of center. I do not respect their apparent haste in reporting over accuracy, and I am very critical of their apparent insistence on retaining Geraldo on their staff no matter what. However I credit them for being openly critical of ridiculous things like the Iraqi Information Minister's Statements, and especially of being willing to ask hard interview questions of guests on their programs (e.g. Brit Hume's hard-hitting interview with the Syrian Asst. Ambassador to the U.S. on Sunday). Their open patriotism during war time doesn't bother me so much, but since 9/11 it's been a constant.

MSNBC is in my view more middle of the road. They clearly have more stringent editorial limits on reports from the battlefield (although everyone's made their share of mistakes, e.g. premature of reports of WMD stockpiles, etc.). Fox has nothing on them in terms of trotting out "experts", using snazzy graphics, having a patriotic angle, or dramatizing the war. They aren't as aggressive as Fox in challenging guests during interviews, or of being openly critical of ridiculous things that they see or report on.

CNN, which is virtually devoid of any patriotism in their presentation, attempts to present themselves on the surface as the most "professional" or "objective" reporter of the news. In fact, I find with them that they, of the three major American cable news networks, are the most willing to be critical of the Administration, or to call statements by the Administration or CentCom into question. They tend towards a gloomier view or a negative view of the Iraq War by far than do MSNBC or Fox. They also have less to offer in terms of analysis by "experts" (that's both good and bad), and field reporters who are traveling with the troops. They are most certainly left of center.

That of course is your opinion. I respect it as such but do not concure.

IMHO Fox News should change it's name to GOPTV

What's the matter Jacky? Crying in your spilt milk because the conservatives are now doing the same thing you liberals have for the last 35 yrs?

CNN=Liberal

MSNBC=Liberal

ABC=Liberal

NBC=Liberal

CBS=Liberal

PBS=Liberal

Originally posted by redman

CNN, which is virtually devoid of any patriotism in their presentation, attempts to present themselves on the surface as the most "professional" or "objective" reporter of the news. In fact, I find with them that they, of the three major American cable news networks, are the most willing to be critical of the Administration, or to call statements by the Administration or CentCom into question. They tend towards a gloomier view or a negative view of the Iraq War by far than do MSNBC or Fox. They also have less to offer in terms of analysis by "experts" (that's both good and bad), and field reporters who are traveling with the troops. They are most certainly left of center.

I agree that CNN is very critical of The administration and not critical enough of the other parties. I'm glad there is someone else that has the same perception of CNN. :cheers:

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

What's the matter Jacky? Crying in your spilt milk because the conservatives are now doing the same thing you liberals have for the last 35 yrs?

CNN=Liberal

MSNBC=Liberal

ABC=Liberal

NBC=Liberal

CBS=Liberal

PBS=Liberal

Who's crying? I would miss Fox News if it went off the air. I love a good laugh! :)

I agree that CNN is very critical of The administration and not critical enough of the other parties. I'm glad there is someone else that has the same perception of CNN. :cheers:

God forbid anyone be critical of the administration of King George and his henchmen!

God forbid anyone be critical of the administration of King George and his henchmen!

If that's the way you feel JackC, I'm sure we could take up a collection for a one way ticket to the country of your choice..maybe France....?? how about Syria I hear they have a better administration over there!! :rolleyes:

If that's the way you feel JackC, I'm sure we could take up a collection for a one way ticket to the country of your choice..maybe France....?? how about Syria I hear they have a better administration over there!! :rolleyes:

Oh now I have to leave the country if I don't like our current government? Typical!

Archived