Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possibly the worst final 4 ever

The Wicked Wop

If I hear anyone say this is a great tournament they should be slapped. In fact this may be the tournament that requires the NCAA and NBA to come together and try to come to a common ground that requires NBA players to have some type of NCAA experience or atleast require them to be a certain age before they can become draft eligble. The first few rounds were interesting with upsets, but lets be serious...those upsets were probably due to better players leaving for the NBA and only proved to water down the fina four. I honestly think that Kanas should be in the championship game (but hell...by 33 points, thats just ugly....teams fight and claw to get to this game, but a # 2 seed gets beat by a # 3 by 33). The Texas and Syracuse game was better...but Syracuse is a year or two away from where they should and is only their because of Anthony, who in all honesly will not be their next year and require Syracuse to fight and claw just to be in the tournament. And Texas, I really don't think they were a #1 seed to begin with. I'm sure this thread will draw some criticism, but hell, this part of the year is about great college basketball, the likes of which we have seen in prior years....but this year has been nothing more than a great disappointment.....at this rate the NIT final may be more interesting than the NCAA.

Yeah but the problem is that if the NBA tries to impose a rule about how old someone must be to play pro ball, at some point some kid will simply go to court and sue and most likely force the NBA to take them like it or not.

The NBA used to have a rule that said a college player couldn't play in the NBA until their entire college class had graduated, but a player(His name escapes me at the moment) went to court and sued and it was overturned. That was back in the early 70s.

The same thing would probally happen here too.

this is a great tournament, both Syracuse and Kansas are for real. 'Cuse has beaten two #1s and Kansas had to go through Duke and Arizona. Anyone who says this is not a great tournament should be suspended by his thumbs and forced to watch his innards spilled out onto the ground in front of him.

1)"If I hear anyone say this is a great tournament they should be slapped"

2)"Anyone who says this is not a great tournament should be suspended by his thumbs and forced to watch his innards spilled out onto the ground in front of him."

Let me think here.........

Okay...It's a great tournament...I'm convinced :silly:

Even if I did lose 20 because a) Kentucky lost and B)'cuse won

!@#$!$$

:cheers:

Thanks for the input, but at the same time I think that the league can argue certain things about age, just because our over 18 doen't mean you can drink or do various other things just because you are considered a minor. Granted though, the college rule is actually much better as far a inforcement.....mostly due to the fact that anybody can get into junior or community college. Regardless of these factors though, the main concern is that college basketball is being watered down, and this is really unexceptable. Some say that everyone eveyone should get an opportunity, but the last time I looked the NBA is a privledge, not a right....Hell I'm a CPA, but I couldnt become one till I met certain objectives, and got various degrees and pass certain tests. and no one can go to court and challenge that and win because its a privledge and not a right.

this is a great tournament, both Syracuse and Kansas are for real. 'Cuse has beaten two #1s and Kansas had to go through Duke and Arizona. Anyone who says this is not a great tournament should be suspended by his thumbs and forced to watch his innards spilled out onto the ground in front of him.

Like I said this post would generate criticism, but maybe you should maybe watch replays of the past 5 to 10 final fours and realize the problem.....and just because they are #1's means sh:t...define a #1...in all honesty the only team out of this pack that could contend with teams of say the past 5 years is Kansas...and they deserve to be their...as far as the rest......

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by rdogblue

Thanks for the input, but at the same time I think that the league can argue certain things about age, just because our over 18 doen't mean you can drink or do various other things just because you are considered a minor. Granted though, the college rule is actually much better as far a inforcement.....mostly due to the fact that anybody can get into junior or community college. Regardless of these factors though, the main concern is that college basketball is being watered down, and this is really unexceptable. Some say that everyone eveyone should get an opportunity, but the last time I looked the NBA is a privledge, not a right....Hell I'm a CPA, but I couldnt become one till I met certain objectives, and got various degrees and pass certain tests. and no one can go to court and challenge that and win because its a privledge and not a right.

I assume that CPA's are not required to take any writing classes?

Rdog....when I saw you were from 'Silver Srping' I had to laugh. Spelling ain't everything brother (sober or not), particularly around tax season.

Never mess with a CPA (or was that a Sicilian?) when death is on the line!:asta:

:laugh:

I for one have enjoyed the tourneyment.

I enjoy the tournament, mainly becuase I think it's one of the more challenging championships in all sports........but giving the great teams and great games of prior years, I can only expect more and hope for more in the future.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by rdogblue

Actually writing skills are part of the grades for the CPA exam....though this CPA was drinking before I wrote this post, and I still stand by my views.

I can live with that.

For the most part I will have to agree with you on the tournament.

BTW.........I have been hoisting a few tonight myself.

:cheers:

Dude...you're just plain wrong.

They could put middle schoolers out on the floor, and it'd still be the greatest sporting event in the world.

Upsets aren't due to watering down of the talent. They've been a part of the college baksetball landscape every since its conception.

And SU won't be clawing for a berth in the tourney next year, even if 'Melo leaves...we'll be top 10 preseason, easily. If 'Melo stays we'll be top 3.

OrangeSkin.....upsets are part of college bball, and upsets do happen in the tournment every year....the problem is that this whole college basketball season has been a general disappointment, which, I'm sorry is due to watered down talent in college basketball. The upper tier teams this year have been great disappointments in general, and would have gotten throttled by top tourney teams of the past 5 years without question. Every year prior to this one, I always felt the tournament got better and better every year.......but I think we hit that peak. With the top tier talent across the country going straight to the NBA or going to school for one year and then flying to the draft, you can only expect college bball to get watered down. In the end I hope they implement some kinda rules to get these kids in school and stay their for a couple of years before they can go to the NBA......the result of which will be better college basketball.

you speak as if watered down college talent is new...I've been hearing about it for a long time. Personally I think this tournament has had talent as good as any in recent history. Its not worth getting into specifics, but this is clearly a matter of opinion, and in this case, your opinion is clearly incorrect

well, Yomar I've seen post from you before, and needless to say I've come to expect poor responses. The fact about watered down talent in College basketball, is that I think it has finally started to take its toll on the whole game. Now if you want to stay true to a poorer product and think nothing is wrong, then you are probably not watching these games a closely as me. Hell imagine the game next year if say Lebron goes to a college next year, Anthony stays another year (which I do not feel is likely)....and I probably could name numerous other players that are a Tier lower as far as talent goes but will still leave school early for the draft. I love the tournament, I love great college basketball....but this year has not been great, and I only hope for better things in the future.

Rdog....Yomar is the man. He disagrees with you. Is that what constitutes a 'poor response'? I don't doubt that the increasing tendency for college stars to bolt for the NBA has made it harder to for teams to find consistency and cohesion year to year, but I think its a stretch to say the NCAA tournament has lost all of its luster because of it. This trend will continue, its not going to change anytime soon if ever as most 20 year olds find millions of dollars hard to turn away from. You could also argue that the greater college player turnover has brought coaching to the forefront, which explains why many programs have continued to have dominating programs. I think you could also argue that its levelled the playing field for more cinderella teams to make it into the sweet sixteen since generally the distance between top conference teams and lesser known conferences may have diminished somewhat.

If you didn't love Arizona/Gonzaga, I don't know what to tell you, we have nothing in common on this subject.

Be it story lines or thrilling finishes or great performances, this tournament has had it all, sorry, I just don't see it.

Comparing Wade to Manning has no real bearing in the enjoyment factor of the games, certainly I prefer crisp basketball to sloppy play, but there always has been, and always will be both present in the NCAA Tournament, so excuse me if I don't join you in disparaging this year's tournament because you believe the level of basketball has sunken to insuffurable depths. Whether or not you have a keener eye than me is a debate I have no interest in.

Originally posted by Yomar

good one!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol:

If you didn't love Arizona/Gonzaga

You are right on with that comment, and I do agree that their were some good performances by some players this year such as Anthony. In my assessment, I just came up wanting more this whole college season and just utterly hate sloppy basketball....the likes of which I feel we have seen plenty this year. Hopefully the championship is a hard fought game, and one to be remembered. Agree or disagree that College basketball has suffered because of being watered down is in general probably an unwinable debate....it sure would be nice though seeing Lebron, Anthony (and even a few straight from high schoolers such as K. Brown and T. Chandler) play at the college level for a couple of years.

Archived