Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Right Tackle Worries

PlayAction

Jansen's play continues to worry me. I know he's been off from football for a long time and I hope he'll be able to get back into shape during these preseason games. But, he doesn't play enough to really get back into shape. In game 1 he allowed a sack on a spin move. In game 2 he had to hold his guy to avoid a sack. In practice (this morning?) the reports are that Taylor threw him to the ground like a rag doll. I recall earlier reports that Demetric Evans put Jansen on his rear. There were also reports yesterday that one of the tackles was beaten very badly on a particular play in practice.

Jansen cannot be cut due to his guaranteed salary. But, Skins can't keep him there if he's going to get the QB killed in a real game. I hope Buges doesn't let his loyalty to Jansen cloud his judgement. If it's time for Jansen to leave the RT spot I hope they decide to do so quickly so that he can begin to learn to play Guard (perhaps LG).

In practice (this morning?) the reports are that Taylor threw him to the ground like a rag doll. I recall earlier reports that Demetric Evans put Jansen on his rear.

And you're encouraged to post your thoughts in that thread as it's still going. ;)

Archived