Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We This Year's Surprise Offense?

Jino

Two words of caution here:

Steve Spurrier!

Two more words: Bad example.

Spurrier didn't have the experience in the NFL Zorn has. Zorn has long been under the tutelage of Holmgren, by all accounts a successful head coach. Also, Spurrier's blocking packages left MUCH to be desired. Thirdly, Spurrier didn't have the kinds of players that this current Redskins team possesses. So while both coaches had very successful first games (I dispute Osaka because of how long the starters were left in), these two are VERY different.

Probably too soon to tell. Games 4 and 5 should give a more accurate read about how well we perform offensively this year. Those will be played largely by our starters.

Unlike alot of years past, I want to see a ton of the #2 and #3 guys this preseason, so we really can see what we have in our backups. Injuries are inevitable but unlike last year I don't want to be guessing if a backup can fill the void, thus sending us on these wild recruiting missions everytime a player was injured. If you are on the team you should be able to step in. PERIOD> HTTR!

Could be. Hope so. Though I'm not sure it would be a huge surprise. Many of the components are already there. What I think would make it a bigger surprise,(other than it's success, to one degree or another),is that it's a new offense designed and called by a new head coach.

I'm with PCS on this one. I think the success we can (and I believe we will) have, will get people talking more about Zorn than anything. We have a lot of the pieces in place, just hope they work like they should.:cheers:

Are We This Year's Surprise Offense?

Yes, we are. If, IF the line holds up.

CP's gonna have a huge year. JC is gonna be quicker and more accurate. The receivers are going to the pro bowl nearly as a group, Moss, Cool, Randl El. Thrash will have a solid year. The kids will pick it up my game 3-4.

If.

IF the line holds up.

Archived