Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins. It's backup QB's name. I made a thread out of it. See.

Redskins4ever

Jason Campbell has played before in the WCO during his senior year at Auburn. Under Gibbs Campbell was handcuffed to a certain point. He made good reads, threw the ball well, and was accurate most of the time with his passes. But he was inconsisent nonetheless, having under a 80.0 rating the last two seasons.

The Redskins were 5-3 through the halfway point of the season last year, and then lost 4 straight. Campbell looked terrific against Dallas and horrible against Tampa a week later. Todd Collins replaced Jason last year and guided the Redskins fairly easily into the playoffs last season.

The question is: If Jason struggles, how soon does Zorn pull him and put in Todd Collins?

He wont. Jason might struggle but he's not gonna get to the point where they yank him... yet.

If JC flops, this year, there will be little to no excuse because he has the support. He has the ability. What i will say is that he's in yet another offensive scheme but he's working hand in hand with one of the better QB coaches as his head coach and he should take leaps and bounds toward that next step this season.

Never

I agree. I think Jason would have to get hurt (God forbid) for Coach Z to turn to Collins. That being said, Collins is a nice one-year insurance policy.

I look for Jason to really turn it on this year. He's proven he has NO trouble adapting to a new offense. And as was pointed out, he led Auburn to an undefeated season using the WCO.

Also, if you notice, most quarterbacks come into their own in about their fourth season. I think JC's set up to have a very solid year all things considered. The new weapons will definitely help too, and if the line can stay healthy, there's no limit to what he could accomplish.

Everyone is talking about Jason. But no one seems to remember what Collins did last year. The question will always remain, could Campbell have guided the team into the playoffs had he never got injured? I doubt he would have. Collins is a solid back up and he's an excellent QB.

I don't want Jason to struggle at all. I just hope Zorn realizes what he has in Collins should Jason falter.

Archived