Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins Continue Negotiations With Davis

Oldskool

My guess is that they're just ironing out details. Probably on some incentives to the contract.

Last year, Raiders drafted Zach Miller with the 38th overall pick.

This was his contract:

"Miller signs: Second-round draft pick Zach Miller, a tight end from Arizona State, was signed late Friday night and joined the team at practice Saturday.

He got a four-year deal worth $5.18 million with a $965,000 signing bonus, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. Incentives could bump the contract to more than $5.5 million."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/07/29/SP13R95O62.DTL&type=printable

Now, Davis was drafted at 48th overall, but his agent is probably trying to get something closer to the above.

It would be great if we could have everyone at training camp. I'm not saying it will determine whether a rookie is successful or not. It just seems that rookies who attend training camp and make all the preseason games have more of an immediate impact (as opposed to holding out for contract issues).

This is especially true of our receivers. Hopefully Thomas and Kelly will push each other to get better, as they said they would.

I don't claim to know the cap situation that well, but isn't this basically a slotted situation? what's to negotiate?

the only thing that has surprised me has been the 4 year contracts... was under the impression 2nd rounders typically signed 5 year contracts.. wonder if the cba expiring has anything to do with it..

Archived