Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The US Open Thread

skinfan2k

I think I've heard that the way they determine that is they take the hole that all the players had the most trouble with during the tournament. I guess that means they total the plus- or minus-par of every player on every hole, and the hole that was the most over par.

(If I'm right it's gonna be a miracle.)

I think I've heard that the way they determine that is they take the hole that all the players had the most trouble with during the tournament. I guess that means they total the plus- or minus-par of every player on every hole, and the hole that was the most over par.

I doubt that's right - I can't see a par 5 being the hardest. Plus, the next two holes were 7 than 8, so I think proximity has something to do with it. :2cents:

Sergio awful? He just won the Players Championship in May. He is a top 10 golfer.

I think Sergio is up and coming, approaching the top of his game with in the next couple of years. Go ahead and put me in the book "Sergio wins his first real major with in the next two years"

He stopped all of the goofy re-gripping crap with his hands that every one was busting him on a couple years ago. If I noticed anything from The Players, he is still a risk taker, however if he is in the hunt and his risks have paid off, he knows how to scale back and play conservative.

How'd they decide which hole sudden death was?

I think I've heard that the way they determine that is they take the hole that all the players had the most trouble with during the tournament.

Tiger had a Birdie on 18 and Rocco had a Par. So because of that Tiger was the first to tee off in Sudden Death. If they had both had had par on 18, they would have gone back to whatever hole a particular player had a birdie on and determined it that way.

I think you are fairly accurate with this statement.

Each hole is rated from the most difficult (1) to easiest (18) on a handicap scale. This would apply on a normal day at Torey Pines. When the PGA arrives, they let the rough get deeper, they make the greens faster and put the holes in hard to reach locations, making each hole it's own ratings.

My guess is the 269 yard par 4 played the easiest (18) and the the par 5 with the pond in front of the green played the most difficult(1). Could be wrong, I am to lazy to look into it, just taking a guess.

How'd they decide which hole sudden death was?

Tiger had a Birdie on 18 and Rocco had a Par. So because of that Tiger was the first to tee off in sudden death. If they had both had had par on 18, they would have gone back to whatever hole a particular player had a lower score on and determined it that way.

Low score on the hole always determines the first to tee off in sudden death.

Tiger had a Birdie on 18 and Rocco had a Par. So because of that Tiger was the first to tee off in sudden death. If they had both had had par on 18, they would have gone back to whatever hole a particular player had a lower score on and determined it that way.

Low score on the hole always determines the first to tee off in sudden death.

The question was asking which of the 18 holes on the golf course they played for the sudden death, not who tees off first.

:whew:

Good, I didn't see it but some idiot in the office seemed to think he was taking a considerable amount of time off, not necessarily related to the knee.

Yeah I think we might not see Tiger for awhile, but I can't see him missing the British Open which starts on July 17th. I can't see him skipping that even if those 91 holes did more damage to his knee.

Sergio awful? He just won the Players Championship in May. He is a top 10 golfer.

pullllllease, dude has won 4 tourneys in the last 4 years(non a major) and he's been a pro since 1999, the Players win was in a playoff too against a noname... Remember last years British Open(choked), he looked like Romo sits to pee taking a snap for a FG attempt. Atleast Zach and Trevor have won a major and where are they now???? cricket, cricket, cricket....LOL

pullllllease, dude has won 4 tourneys in the last 4 years(non a major) and he's been a pro since 1999, the Players win was in a playoff too against a noname... Remember last years British Open(choked), he looked like Romo sits to pee taking a snap for a FG attempt. Atleast Zach and Trevor have won a major and where are they now???? cricket, cricket, cricket....LOL

He still had to play against a top ranked field. BTW, The Players Championship is considered by some to be the "5th Major".

Archived