Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need MORE computer help...please?

ldysknzfn1

Ok...the last time I had an issue..this place was the place that fixed it for me! So when I had this issue this morning..I immediately thought...OMG...I need ES to help.

I awoke to my computer being shut down(& I didn't shut it down...I suspect that a child within my home(child is 18y/o)shut it down b/c they got scared after seeing the dreaded blue screen and thought..OMG...I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be...lol

So after signing on this morning and while trying to get online..I get the dreaded blue screen that says:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

STOP: 0x000000050(0xE113E000, 0x00000000, 0x8050D875, 0x00000001)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.

Contact system administrator or tech support

I ran all of my virus software and deleted everything that came up as a threat. I ran spybot S & D and got rid of all those threats...Ran in safe mode..the blue screen w/the same message appeared. Of course I didn't hold on to anything that I had kept from the previous viral attack.

Can someone help me w/what to do? Please say I can do this w/a little help from my friends.

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Run a thorough disk check on your hard disks.

If that doesn't work, backup your stuff, then do a system restore of Windows to a date when everything was working fine (this action doesn't really delete anything but just backup to be safe).

If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows.

If that doesn't work, get a new computer.

Thanks everyone..except for the one who thinks I shouldn't say OMG so much within a post. I'll try to be more age appropriate for you next time;) :rolleyes: .

I'll do these things...and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again(ooooo..maybe I'm saying thanks too much now)

edit* It's a desktop..btw for the person asking. And as far as re-installing windows...I didn't get any kind of software disks w/this computer, just the little cardboard Dell looking disk that has the system stuff on it...I can't remember the name of it...perhaps a system restore or something.

edit #2..no hardware changes recently.

You likely have mixed ram......according to some research if you are using ZONEALARM as your antivirus dump it........try swtiching individual sticks out and see if you have the same results....

PS- If you are using Spybot as your standalone antispyware you are gonna have a gradual build up of spyware since they only have 156,000 in their database.....that may sound like a lot but comparing databases for a sec Webroot @ 250k and SWDR marginally behind them seems like a more logical choice ( esp if you do taxes, bank statements or billpay )

Ok...the last time I had an issue..this place was the place that fixed it for me! So when I had this issue this morning..I immediately thought...OMG...I need ES to help.

I read this sentence which to me it read like a 16 year old chick with braces freaking out about something and not stopping to breathe. That is all. It simply sounded strange after reading that and then your age, but hey its all good. A computer malfuntion is indeed serious. Anyway no further discussion, good luck with everything

Does it only happen when you try to connect to the internet? Are you on dial-up? What browser do you use? ISP?

No it didn't seem to only occur when trying to get online. I have a cable modem. Majority of the time I use IE 7.0. Local cable company is my ISP. Thanks for all of the input everyone.

I read this sentence which to me it read like a 16 year old chick with braces freaking out about something and not stopping to breathe. That is all. It simply sounded strange after reading that and then your age, but hey its all good. A computer malfuntion is indeed serious. Anyway no further discussion, good luck with everything

Thanks...I'm not "pissed" or anything:silly: . I use OMG rather than the chosen curse words I used to use when my computer malfunctioned. Thanks for well wishes:cheers:

If you have access to another machine that works, try downloading memtest and burning it to a CD. Once you have done that, boot your computer off that CD. It will start a memory diagnostic check. If you are having any problems with your RAM, this will most likely report them.

The other option (depending on how long you have had the PC) is to open the machine and re-seat the RAM (if you feel comfortable doing that). I can't tell you the number of times a simple "re-seat" has fixed a problem.

Archived