Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

I actually bought a MOSS Authentic jersey from Sports Authority.com and I was surprised to see that that's how they are made. I thought the jersey was fake when I first laid eyes on it. I guess this is what Reebok is doing now-a-days to set the Authentics apart from the Game-Worns. I also have JC's in Burgundy, Landry's 75th Anniversay and a Taylor 70th Anniversay(I know he never wore it.) all Authentics. What I do not understand is why the White Moss jersey is the only jersey without the spandex. The Campbell, LAndry, and Taylor Authentics stretch like theres no tomorrow, as well as have the elastic around the arms. Moss's white jersey doesn't stretch only on the shoulders, just as it is advertised, but the chest and sides of the jersey stretches. ( MAkes no sense to me)

I know. I bought an authentic on eBay recently - at least I'm 95% sure it's a legit authentic because I've dealt with the seller before and the seller claims the jersey was purchased at Modell's. It's white with loose sleeves. But the logo has no background and the fabric is nylon, not spandex. The numbers, though, are exactly the same height as the gamers - and yet the width is even WIDER than the gamers, which is just weird.

Some of the info I put down re authentics and fakes in post #1 is incorrect, I think. I am researching this further, which is why I haven't edited much lately. I want to go to a stadium store and figure out what is going on with the authentics. There are so many variations of authentic, and they seem to vary like the wind when it comes to many of the details, like what the fabric is, or how the logo is embroidered. I don't think reebok is doing it on purpose, they seem to keep trying to copy a game jersey, and they get closer and closer, but there's always some glaring difference. After all, Reebok doesn't manufacture gamers, and I'm sure there are some proprietary issues regarding copying jerseys. So we have all these so-called authentics with a half-dozen differences in the different versions which doesn't make any sense at all. How is a buyer supposed to know what is fake and what is "authentic" when there are so many different versions of authentic, and they're all made of different fabrics using different sewing techniques?

Anyway, I now believe the white and burgundy authentics with loose sleeves are nylon. I believe all the other ones (burgundy with tight sleeves, and misc anniversary versions) are spandex. But I need to go to a Redskins store and confirm it.

May I ask what country or countries were your authentics made?

Ok. I need some help here.

I would like to get a #5 Brennan jersey for myself (large) BUT, the NFL Redskins store will not sell to Hawaii residents! Talk about losing a lot of potential business.

Can someone help me acquire a jersey (not a knock-off) from a reliable place?

Thanks!

I know. I bought an authentic on eBay recently - at least I'm 95% sure it's a legit authentic because I've dealt with the seller before and the seller claims the jersey was purchased at Modell's. It's white with loose sleeves. But the logo has no background and the fabric is nylon, not spandex. The numbers, though, are exactly the same height as the gamers - and yet the width is even WIDER than the gamers, which is just weird.

Some of the info I put down re authentics and fakes in post #1 is incorrect, I think. I am researching this further, which is why I haven't edited much lately. I want to go to a stadium store and figure out what is going on with the authentics. There are so many variations of authentic, and they seem to vary like the wind when it comes to many of the details, like what the fabric is, or how the logo is embroidered. I don't think reebok is doing it on purpose, they seem to keep trying to copy a game jersey, and they get closer and closer, but there's always some glaring difference. After all, Reebok doesn't manufacture gamers, and I'm sure there are some proprietary issues regarding copying jerseys. So we have all these so-called authentics with a half-dozen differences in the different versions which doesn't make any sense at all. How is a buyer supposed to know what is fake and what is "authentic" when there are so many different versions of authentic, and they're all made of different fabrics using different sewing techniques?

Anyway, I now believe the white and burgundy authentics with loose sleeves are nylon. I believe all the other ones (burgundy with tight sleeves, and misc anniversary versions) are spandex. But I need to go to a Redskins store and confirm it.

May I ask what country or countries were your authentics made?

The numbers seemed shorter to me, but they are definitely wider.

The nylon white authentics are made in Korea, along with the burgundy and dark burgundy authentics but the Authentic 75th Anniversary jerseys are made in Vietnam.(This is an easy way to tell the real 75th Authentics from the fakes). I also think this is where all the new jerseys are manufactured now, if I'm correct.

I would like to get a #5 Brennan jersey for myself (large) BUT, the NFL Redskins store will not sell to Hawaii residents! Talk about losing a lot of potential business.

Thanks!

Go here and customize yourself a replica jersey. Just select Brennan's name from the drop down list. Actually you might have to customize it yourself since NFL.com accidentally has brennan's number as 05 instead of 5.

Thanks!

You could also ask an ES member to buy one for you and ship it to you.
The numbers seemed shorter to me, but they are definitely wider.

The nylon white authentics are made in Korea, along with the burgundy and dark burgundy authentics but the Authentic 75th Anniversary jerseys are made in Vietnam.(This is an easy way to tell the real 75th Authentics from the fakes). I also think this is where all the new jerseys are manufactured now, if I'm correct.

Okay. That matches my white authentic - also made in Korea.

What do you mean the numbers "seem" shorter? Do you own a gamer to compare it to?

Are you absolutely positive that all your jerseys listed above are true authentics and not knock-offs?

Thanks for your info and help.

You could also ask an ES member to buy one for you and ship it to you.

Okay. That matches my white authentic - also made in Korea.

What do you mean the numbers "seem" shorter? Do you own a gamer to compare it to?

Are you absolutely positive that all your jerseys listed above are true authentics and not knock-offs?

Thanks for your info and help.

Well, shorter compared to the burgundy Campbell jersey. And yes, I'm sure they're all real. The stitching is too good to be a knock-off.

Knock-Offs now have tags that say Made in Korea so people can easily fall for them.

Thanks for the info... but the NFL sites will not ship to Hawaii. Maybe I'll ship to my sister's house in FL. hmmm. :cool:

Go here and customize yourself a replica jersey. Just select Brennan's name from the drop down list. Actually you might have to customize it yourself since NFL.com accidentally has brennan's number as 05 instead of 5.

Well, my 26 Portis had excellent stitching and it was fake as a 3 dollar bill. Not trying to diss your jersey, I'm just saying I wouldn't judge a jersey from the stitching because many of the Korean fakes have nicer more attactive stitching then the authentics or gamers.

Actually to tell you the truth, the stitching on your portis jersey looks just a little fake. Did it come that way or did you wash it? The stitching as well as the letter cuttings on the jersey from SA are almost flawless. But you're right, with the knock offs now a days, its hard to distinguish the real from the fakes according to the stitching, but 9 times out of 10 the true Authentics are easy to point out.

I'm beginning to think that whoever these people are working at the Reebok factories or what not in Korea are stealing official parts from Authentic jerseys (blank jerseys, tags, patches) and may be putting their own jerseys together at home. Maybe, just maybe.

Mark-

I bought one of the 75th anniversary jersey's and mine was manufactured in the VietCong.

This is the first jersey I've had made from there. Is it legit?

Its legit. Mine was made in Vietnam as well. Is it authentic or a premier jersey? and does it actually say "VietCong?"

Does anyone know if the jerseys from this year; replica, premier and authentic are made in Vietnam ?

Hey Yeen,

I'm not really an authority on authentics, at least not yet. But according to SKINchiefer, 75th annis are made in the 'Nam. So your jersey is probably as right as rain.

It's spandex all over, right?

Yes. It was purchased at Modell's a few weeks ago when they had the Moss throwbacks on sale. I just happened to be back in town.

It the body looks very much like the red authentic's with cuffed sleeves, not the white's however.

Its legit. Mine was made in Vietnam as well. Is it authentic or a premier jersey? and does it actually say "VietCong?"

Does anyone know if the jerseys from this year; replica, premier and authentic are made in Vietnam ?

LMAO:laugh: :laugh:

No it doesnt say VietCong.....just me making use out of my history lessons. Come on kid...don't you know who the VietCong were?

Hey SKINchiefer - lemme ask you about the logos on all your jerseys. Do they all have backgrounds? My white loose sleeve does not. I can see the fabric between the burgundy stitiching.

Yes, All of the jerseys have the upside-down triangular background behind the logo, including the white loose sleeve.

LMAO:laugh: :laugh:

No it doesnt say VietCong.....just me making use out of my history lessons. Come on kid...don't you know who the VietCong were?

Hey - ya know, they say some of the VC never came out of the jungle. Maybe Reebok found them and is having them man jerseys for a couple bowls of rice.

Hey, it could happen! :silly:

Edit: I don't really care for the shadow jerseys.

Hey - ya know, they say some of the VC never came out of the jungle. Maybe Reebok found them and is having them man jerseys for a couple bowls of rice.

LOL. :laugh: :laugh: Nice one Mark. It could very well be.

lol.I heard theyre doing it for some fish too. Can't just have rice.

Archived