Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raising my children correctly

SB17

Just had to share this: The other day some guests were visiting our home and we were talking about the Redskins magnet on the back of our minivan (the one that looks like this ===> :logo: ). One of the guests (a missionary for our church from Tyler, Texas, and a 'pukes fan), asked in jest something lame about why it didn't say "Go Dallas" on it, when my 7-yr. old son, without missing a beat, defiantly declared, "Dallas sucks!" After we all laughed and I got over the slight embarrassment of his use of the word "sucks" (not taught at my home) to people who probably don't hear that kind of talk very often, I commented, "I've sure brought him up right, haven't I?" I was rather proud of him for not letting a "pro-'pukes" comment go unanswered.

Also, I have a t-shirt which my mother bought for me at JC Penney's in the early '80's which says, "Go Redskins! BEAT DALLAS!" The shirt is burgundy and the letters are gold. I haven't seen one like it since. While I wish I could still fit into it, it probably wouldn't do any good: I can't pry it off the back of my 11-yr. old, even if I wanted. He wears it all the time.

As a parent, you always wonder if you're raising your children right or not. I take comfort, however, in the fact that another generation of 'pukes haters is on the rise. Do I have George Allen to thank for this?:dallasuck

world's greatest dad everyone ...worlds' greates dad.

good work pal! :D

Archived