Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Poll ON TSN: Who Will Win The NFC East

TC4

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/index-poll.html#poll

On the home page of The Sporting News, there is a poll on who will win the NFC East in 2003.

As of now after I voted, the Redskins were tied at 16% for 3rd with the Giants. The Eagles are WAY ahead at 51% and sad to say, behind the Cowboys in 2nd at 17%.

If nothing else, EVERYONE needs to go there to vote so at least for GOD SAKE we can beat the Cowboys in the poll.

We are just 1% down, we can do it!!!!!

The Cowboys aren't going to win the division or indeed make the postseason until they find a quarterback.

Neither Carter nor Hutchinson appear to be Parcells-type players. That said, the team has made no moves so far to bring in a veteran to compete.

Are they waiting for Brian Griese to be released June 1?

Even if they do find a better option at QB than they had in 2002, it is unrealistic to believe with a few tweaks to their season ending roster (Glenn, Campbell, etc...can turn out to be good moves), Dallas is going to go from 5-11 to top of the heap.

I think the Redskins have more talent than Dallas and I would not pencil the Redskins in as a playoff team quite yet, so I don't see how the Cowboys could have jumped that far with the acquistions they have made.

Are they better? Probably. Do they have younger guys that will get better like Bryant and Williams? Sure.

But so do the Redskins.

And for the Redskins in 2003 the Coles acquisition was huge.

He comes in and automatically makes the Redskins receiving corps a challenge for their division foes once again.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Ahhhhh, back in the role of the underdog. Just the way I like it.

You should. No one ever likes the Giants before the season starts, yet they are always in the mix. They rarely underachieve over the course of a season.

Still, I won't be picking them. It's tradition, ya know? :)

Guess the Tuna factor has something to do with it but this year they maybe disappointed.

One item I found on TSN was interesting

Dear Voice of the Fan,

The Chargers' defense didn't drop from the top to the bottom because it had the same personnel. Instead of blaming the players, maybe the Chargers should take an honest look at his Marty Schottenheimer's defensive staff. Maybe Dan Snyder did know better after all.

Rod Rodriguez

Wildomar, Calif.

Archived