Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden Questions

JangoFett

What is "IMP" as a player attribute? Is it improvement (or the ability for the player to increase its rating)?

Either way, shouldn't improvement directly based on statistical production? For example certain receivers will max out at a certain overall number no matter how astronomically high their catches, yards and touchdowns are. I can understand why certain attributes like speed or acceleration are capped for any particular player, but shouldn't other items reflect on the field production? for example, awareness, which brings me to my next point:

How much does "AWR" (awareness) matter (especially for non-qb positions? The computer thinks this is very important-

Consider, if you create a player at any position, when you increase that player's awareness the salary will skyrocket. For example, does low awareness for a cb mean that they will blow coverages, for o-line that they will frequently blow blocking assignments etc.? When do you look for high AWR?

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

AWR matters quite a bit, specially on D and especially among corner backs.

It doesn't matter as much on offense because you are controling the QB or RB so it won't be that big of a deal. Probably most important for the FB and OL on offense.

I never really knew what the IMP stands for

AWR matters quite a bit for recievers who need to know when the ball is comming in order to catch it. In general I think of it as smart and experienced.:D

IMP? Guess I'll have to check back and see if anyone has an answer to that one.

Awareness in WRs becomes most evident to me when my QB is in trouble and moving around trying to find an open WR. The WRs with high awareness are more likely to work themselves into an open spot while one with low awareness might just stand in one spot right next to a DB or run to a spot where it's an even tougher throw for the QB.

Awr really is pretty important for most positions.

IMP stands for importance although I have never figured out exactly what it affects. I've been under the assumtion that it affects things like trade value and salary demands, but I have never actually seen evidence of that.

Here's the definative answer.......

IMP is for improvement and is basically the ceiling for that player.

IF you draft a player who is an 88 overall but has a 90 for improvement, you can expect him to get better over a season or two. Players with lower improvement will not get much better.:cheers:

Archived