Sporting news positional break down

Skins4ever1

Top 5

1. Darren Sharper, Vikings

2. Ken Hamlin, Cowboys

3. Adrian Wilson, Cardinals

4. Chris Harris, Panthers

5. Roy Williams, Cowboys

Ken kamlin second best safety in the nfc? Kinda hard to believe that one. Cowboys rank second best safety? Question how many time Roy Williams got beat on deep ball?

I can give a GOOD argument towards any name on that list that shouldn't have been. Landry shoulda been on it. Here are the names that make "no statistical" sense! 1st.......Sharper. Minnys' pass d was 32nd and they were 20th overall on d. Then A. Wilson. Good safety, but stat wise? The Cards were 28th vs the pass and 17th overall. We don't even have to "go there" with Roy Williams. In contrast, Landrys' d in DC was 16th vs. the pass and 8th overall. Case closed!

It always amazes me that when any sports article talks about the best of anything in football, the Cowboys always manage to come up in the conversation.

What is their playoff record again ...? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

if the Cowboys safeties are so good how come they couldn't cover Kevin Boss and Ahmad Bradshaw in the playoffs at home against the Giants? :laugh:

Never forget that it's physically impossible to horsecollar the ball carrier if you're in front of him. ;)

The vikings are going to be the best D in the league this year...........

The Vikings will once again have the best defense vs. the run, but they haven't been able to play the pass for several years. Minnesota has not been able to get out of the bottom 20 in defending the pass since 2001, where they finished 18th, and have finished dead last the past 2 seasons. I don't see any reason why this season Minnesota's pass defense will be signficantly better; yes, they have by far the best defensive line, and possibly the best front 7, but their secondary will bring down their total defensive rank.

Archived