Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Meidt - New QB Coach?

All in all, I know this is splitting hairs. But in the Washington Post article titled Campbell Confident He's Redskins' Future I found the following line:

He has focused on refining his passing mechanics under the guidance of Zorn and new quarterbacks coach Chris Meidt while also working with the receiving corps and studying videotape of himself daily.

For those of you who don't remember Chris Meidt was the Offensive Assistant we hired. He had been the head coach at St. Olaf College and is a stat guy who likes onside kicks. :whoknows:

Regardless of his actual position it seems he's important enough to give the impression of being a QB coach.

Jim Zorn is our QB coach, dude :)

I figured as much, but I wonder if he'll be running the meetings. And/or if he'll be running the Offensive team meetings.

Even if he is the "Qb Coach" like a (please forgive me) Norv Turner, he still needs a right hand man, because it's the most demanding position and he's got some other responsibilities.

I figured it was worth knowing that Meidt seems to be pretty strategically involved already. They both (Meidt and Zorn) seem to be very innovative guys.

I like the fact that there seems to be a youth infusion in the coaching with Meidt and Kirk Olivadatti sp?. KO is going to be a d coordinator some day and a young head coaching candidate. This kid Meidt seems to be a young, bright up and coming assistant coach.

Archived