Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dave Syvertsen:Redskins and Jags possible suitors @pick #16(Cardinals)

michael_33

Depends on who's there. If someone like Ellis (the DT from USC) drops then I wouldn't mind the move at all. Or if the Redskins really covet a guy like Albert, they might have to move up to get him.

Wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't scoff at it if it happens depending on the player they choose.

I agree it would have to be someone like Ellis or Dorsey in order to justify trading up.

I am totally torn on this type move. On the one hand, that compensatory 3rd is like finding a $20 bill in your pocket after doing the laundry. It feels like free money.

However...

I'm not sure anyone at 16 is worth trading up for. Seems to me there are only like ten "can't miss" players in each draft. The uncertainties of the draft make a DE at 21 just as likely to succeed as one at #16. A third round draft pick should be a potential starter. That 3rd rounder could be our starter at LG for the next 10 years.

We've sat around all off season. No need to go crazy now. We still need some more quality players on this roster.

I lean toward drafting with what we got, no tradeup. DE, OG, DT, WR and CB in the first five picks, in any order. I am still not opposed to a QB by the 3rd round. (Again, the "free money" theory.) Find a S, LB, maybe another OL or CB. Draft done and start looking to pick up UDFAs.

I wouldnt pick Gholston at #21. Name the last great D lineman to come from Ohio State. Ohio State produces good recievers and corners and that's about it. Sprinkle in a Nick Mangold or a AJ hawk every 5 years or so and that about sums it up for Ohio State guys who become stars in this leauge. The only palyers I want to see this team trade up for are Chris Long, Jake Long, Sedric Ellis & Glenn Dorsey. Anyobdy after that is a waste to trade up for in my opinion. One of the guys I want should still be there at #21, take your pick of Merling, Harvey, Balmer, Albert. If none of them are there, take the BPA even if it is at a position we dont need and either trade him or use him to light a fire under the current starters.

I flat out agree with you because I hate the buckeyes with a passion (michigan fan here) but they put out some good defenders and the latest d-lineman they put out is Wil Smith of the Saints. He's big, fast and nasty.

Archived