Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change of Jersey # to 21

LeoDC

I disagree entirely, I wont be able to hear "21" again without thinking of god's saftety. In a way, due to the timing and circumstances of his death, the number transcended just Sean Taylor the football player, to represent Sean Taylor the man. Too many of us, that makes "21" sacred ground. The player that tries to wear that number around here any time soon better have the wingspan of an osprey, presence like a herd of buffalo, and the ability to hit like a bolt of lightning hurled from the fist of Zeus. He better be able to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies and inspire love, adoration, and a loyalty so fierce that Cowboys fans even loved him. He must be inhuman, for he not only must live up to Sean Taylor the Man, and Sean Taylor the Football Player, but he must live up to Sean Taylor the Legend as well. Those are big damn footsteps.

Very well said. I completely agree.

:dallasuck

Haha! They honor all time greats by feeding their jerseys to dinosaurs! Oh man! So much to grill you for but so little time! :laugh:

:laugh: I almost :pooh: when I read his post and your reply had me hiding under my desk pretending to tie my shoe. Oh my God! So hard to read through all the tears!

I disagree entirely, I wont be able to hear "21" again without thinking of god's saftety. In a way, due to the timing and circumstances of his death, the number transcended just Sean Taylor the football player, to represent Sean Taylor the man. Too many of us, that makes "21" sacred ground. The player that tries to wear that number around here any time soon better have the wingspan of an osprey, presence like a herd of buffalo, and the ability to hit like a bolt of lightning hurled from the fist of Zeus. He better be able to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies and inspire love, adoration, and a loyalty so fierce that Cowboys fans even loved him. He must be inhuman, for he not only must live up to Sean Taylor the Man, and Sean Taylor the Football Player, but he must live up to Sean Taylor the Legend as well. Those are big damn footsteps.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

In a couple years, someone is going to wear it, why not one of our best players take it now, so no bumb or rookie wears it, dishonoring the name.

Not gonna happen. This organization isn't one to "officially" retire numbers except for Sammy Baugh's number 33 but there has always been "unofficial" numbers retired over the years and I am sure that 21 will be one.

Archived