Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Market Demand for Season Tickets

xavmit

I've noticed several auctions on Ebay not meeting reserve....and I am not talking about upper level...I am talking lower level sidelines. Also, most never get any bids whatsoever.

What are people's comments on the market for season tickets this year.

I'd say that roughly 80% of all Redskins season tickets purchased from the team are priced above their secondary market value.

I base this on the fact that most people seem to struggle to recover face value for the season tickets they try to sell on this forum and Craigslist.

I'm surprised to read that lower level, sideline seating is moving slow on Ebay.

Lower level, sidleine seats seem to be the only seats that can actually still be scalped for above face value with season ticket packages sold in the secondary market.

I was high bidder on section 117...granted it was row 2...but my high bid was only 2750 or so and the package was season tickets, tailgate club wristbands and green parking. The face for this package for all lower level tickets, non obstructed, I believe is roughly 3700 or so.

Just buy tickets after preseason to save alot of money

I disagree. For example the Buffalo game. I saw 2 tickets upper deck row 15+ averaging $700 for the set. Same with Dallas. This year is the year im actually going to purchase my tickets in advance rather than waiting a week or two before the game. If the skins are on a winning streak......ticket prices sore. I guess you can say it's a hit or miss so I don't totally disagree with what your saying.

I disagree. For example the Buffalo game. I saw 2 tickets upper deck row 15+ averaging $700 for the set. Same with Dallas. This year is the year im actually going to purchase my tickets in advance rather than waiting a week or two before the game. If the skins are on a winning streak......ticket prices sore. I guess you can say it's a hit or miss so I don't totally disagree with what your saying.

I mean buy season tickets after the preseason ends and before the regular season starts. Buffalo was a different situation because it was the first game after taylor's death. Dallas is always high priced, but you can usually get tickets for face before the games. I have never paid over face for any ticket in my entire life. Last year i went to 6 games for about 300 dollars

DOn't buy tickets as an investment. Buy them to go to the games, then you'll have no worries. Fedex experience is sub-par at best, so most of us end up going for the product, not the experience. Selling tix to the casual fan when the experience is sub-par...well you get the drift.

I've seen it over and over. Guys on eBay try to get face for their upper deck tix and can't. And then as the preseason goes by, they're still trying to dump their tix for face - but now they're only selling the eight regular season games.

If you don't mind the upper deck, I'm sure these opportunities will present themselves again in late Aug / eary Sept 2008. Count on it.

As far as the preseason home games, you can pick them up for $25 / pair the week before the game on eBay.

I've seen clubs in the back of the endzone like that go for $150 a pair - but that's with kickoff fast approaching. You're right, $510 is pretty low for this early in the season. But on the other hand, would you pay $510 for them? I wouldn't.

I only need 2 tickets. I think $255 for two club level seats with or without parking is a good deal for a regular season game.

Archived