Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Juicy quotes from the Iggle board re: Douglas

Here's a good one:

Why did the Eagles double their offer to Hugh at the last minute?I really want to see the apologists spin this event.

If they didn't want the guy, fine, let him move on. If they did want him, why didn't they give him a more enticing offer early-on when they KNEW he wanted to stay here?

I've put faith in the front-office more than some others on the board, but I simply have no explanation for this one.

I need a beer. Damn it.

:pint::D

And another:

Andy, you screwed the pooch on this one.

Unlike some of my more unthinking colleagues, the blame rests on YOU -- not the guy you tell whether or not you're going to keep a player.

Joe Banner negotiates contracts -- and despite what others on this Board think -- THAT'S IT! Anybody who thinks Banner makes the decisions on PLAYERS is, pardon me if I'm blunt, out of his mind!

That's YOUR job, Mr. Vice President Of Football Operations. YOU decide how hard the team will work to keep a player, and that means YOU decided you weren't going all out to re-sign Hugh.

I hope for your sake the kid with the busted foot recovers fully, because if you f*ck this up you're gonna get blasted like you've never been blasted before, and you'll deserve every BOOOOOO!

:cheers: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cheers:

Archived