Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you take a really boring job if it paid very well?

WVUforREDSKINS

well said :laugh:

it is well said.

but i guess i'm a 5%'er. I do love my job. i get to be all time quarterback and kickball champion during the fall, killer hockey goal scorer and post up 13 year olds in the winter, and amazing soft ball whacker guy in the spring. when any of that gets old, i get to light up some emo teenagers in dodgeball. after work, i get paid to coach football or supervise basketball / volleyball games. plus all the holidays, winter and spring breaks. oh yeah, there's the summer months too.

Everybody talks about doing something you love. That's pretty much pie in the sky talk for 95% of people. If you love your job, good for you, but you're in a tiny minority. Even doing something you want to do full time, for pay, may not end up being a "job you love." This has happened to several people I know. I like my job because it pays me pretty good money, not because I love doing it. And for the people who say I should find something I love; I don't know of anywhere that will pay me to play with my kids, watch football, build rockets, and drink alcohol. (BTW If anyone knows of a job opening like this, PM me immediately)

Be a technician for Verizion. They do 3hrs worth of work and go home until the next day.

Telecommunication Technician = Freedom and pay.

Archived