Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

game used memorabilia

cugolfnut

• 2 weeks later...
My pride and joy!

htw7xz.jpg

2udujxy.jpg

Interesting. They changed the stitching and numbers in '06. I hadn't realized that.

In the past, they had first stitched a gold number using gold thread. Then they layed a slightly smaller burgundy number on top of the gold number, and stitched it with burgundy thread. This gave the gold outline around the burgundy number.

But it looks like they changed it starting in '06. From the photo, it looks like a burgundy number is placed down first, then a gold outline is layed over that, which is then sewn on twice with gold thread.

I hadn't noticed that before.

Congrats on your purchase!!!

Interesting. They changed the stitching and numbers in '06. I hadn't realized that.

In the past, they had first stitched a gold number using gold thread. Then they layed a slightly smaller burgundy number on top of the gold number, and stitched it with burgundy thread. This gave the gold outline around the burgundy number.

But it looks like they changed it starting in '06. From the photo, it looks like a burgundy number is placed down first, then a gold outline is layed over that, which is then sewn on twice with gold thread.

I hadn't noticed that before.

Congrats on your purchase!!!

Wow, I haven't notice any of those details. Thanks a lot though. It was def. worth the $2,000.

My pride and joy!

2udujxy.jpg

Looky what I found.

After scouring the internet unsuccessfully, I had it on my HD the whole time. D'oh!

The date on the file is Oct 9, 2006. I originally got it from Washingtonpost.com. It even has the stain on the left shoulder to the right of the number.

This is your jersey, dude.

taylgntsaa5.jpg

I do have to say that it is an awesome jersey. I am not trying to deningrate, but I think that it is really unfortunate that sports memorabilia has gotten so out of control on prices. By the way, I think that the auction company that you bought the jersey from was displaying the jersey at the CSA show this past march. It was at the entrance of the Dulles expo center. Congrats on your jersey.

Looky what I found.

After scouring the internet unsuccessfully, I had it on my HD the whole time. D'oh!

The date on the file is Oct 9, 2006. I originally got it from Washingtonpost.com. It even has the stain on the left shoulder to the right of the number.

This is your jersey, dude.

taylgntsaa5.jpg

Mark, that is amazing! Thanks a lot for the pictues. I going to Kinkos tomorrow and having a nice print of this picutre.

I do have to say that it is an awesome jersey. I am not trying to deningrate, but I think that it is really unfortunate that sports memorabilia has gotten so out of control on prices. By the way, I think that the auction company that you bought the jersey from was displaying the jersey at the CSA show this past march. It was at the entrance of the Dulles expo center. Congrats on your jersey.

The prices are pretty nuts. The auction actually ended on $1,628 but they had this buyers premium that I didn't know about added to the price and also shipping and handling. I got to admit, the buyers premium was insane. It was over $300!:(

the jersey is priceless, how many gamers of star players actually become available? After snyder and v.i.p.'s snatch them up, you usually have to be the first one in line when the team has their sales in order to get one at a half way decent price. The other way is through auctions like these where the prices are jacked up from the start. Sean's jersey will never be made again, so if you have the chance to get one, and can afford it, do it.

the jersey is priceless, how many gamers of star players actually become available? After snyder and v.i.p.'s snatch them up, you usually have to be the first one in line when the team has their sales in order to get one at a half way decent price. The other way is through auctions like these where the prices are jacked up from the start. Sean's jersey will never be made again, so if you have the chance to get one, and can afford it, do it.

That's how I felt when I was bidding on it. I didn't care how high I had to go to get this jersey. The best part about this jersey is that it is unwashed. I know it sounds wierd but you can smell Sean Taylor and how hard he was playing. I will never ever wash this jersey.

Mark, that is amazing! Thanks a lot for the pictues. I going to Kinkos tomorrow and having a nice print of this picutre.

Just so you know, the caption below it said "Redskins safety Sean Taylor was unable to deliver one of his signature dibilitating hits Sunday, although he did strip Tiki Barber of the ball on one play."

Photo by: Joel Richardson - The Washington Post.

You might consider contacting Joel Richardson about getting a better, bigger, sharper image of that photo.

Just so you know, the caption below it said "Redskins safety Sean Taylor was unable to deliver one of his signature dibilitating hits Sunday, although he did strip Tiki Barber of the ball on one play."

Photo by: Joel Richardson - The Washington Post.

You might consider contacting Joel Richardson about getting a better, bigger, sharper image of that photo.

Do you know how I can reach him?

It took me forever but I was able to find one more pic from the Giants game.

t8n879.jpg

I saw that one above last night, but I assumed it was from 2005 because of the white pants. But now that I checked, white pants were the ones we wore in that game.

I would try to email the photographer at jrichardson@washingtonpost.com. Even if that's not it, it might get forwarded to him manually. You could also call them and ask for it.

Nice sig, btw

Archived