Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Limited View Seats

Billyk121

I'd like to get feedback regarding whether to keep my season tickets - 3 limited view seats. As of right now, I pay $2,100 for 3 seats and a sattelite parking pass (cash lot). As for the seats themselves, you can see most of the action, only thing you can't see is the kick off and punts (can't see scoreboard either).

I will say this even with the limited view these seats are better than the top of the 400s where they look like ants running around.

I guess my question is -- would most of you here keep these seats or just let them go and buy tickets at the stadium from the scalpers - they seem to have a plentiful amount and have been there for every game I've attended.

Just looking for some input.

:logo:

Personally I like to just pick them up at game time. Then if you can't go to a game, no loss...plus you don't pay for the two preseason games.

I would say on average I could pick up a pair of tickets for $15-$50 a piece. My best deal ever were club seats at $15 a piece.

Is there any kind of discount for buying the cash lot parking pass from the Redskins?

I can't imagine buying a book of 10 games at $350 and paying for games I might not attend, when I can pay the same amount cash at the gate for the games I will attend.

The cash lots are $200. Thank you guys for the input. I can see Mark's point as the seats are LL and it isn't that bad a veiw but can't argue having to buy the preseason and is hard to unload limited view seat if you can't make a game. I am sure if i could get LL at the game for cost would prob. be by best bet. Still a few days to decide,,

If you want to continue having seats but don't like the obstruction, you could also put in for a seat upgrade to get you closer to the action. It might bump your per seat price up by about $20 per ticket if you end up in better seats, but would also give you seats that are easier to sell if you couldn't make a game. I was moved from the upper level to obstructed seats a few years ago when the obstructed seats were first installed, and then was able to fairly easily move my seat location in the lower bowl after that when I requested it.

If you want to continue having seats but don't like the obstruction, you could also put in for a seat upgrade to get you closer to the action. It might bump your per seat price up by about $20 per ticket if you end up in better seats, but would also give you seats that are easier to sell if you couldn't make a game. I was moved from the upper level to obstructed seats a few years ago when the obstructed seats were first installed, and then was able to fairly easily move my seat location in the lower bowl after that when I requested it.

I'm not sure if the upgrade works the same if you bought limited/obstructed view seats recently without going through the waiting list process. From the way I understand it, owners of these seats do not have the same upgrade rights as other season ticket holders, in fact I believe they do not 100% guaranted that you will keep these seats from year to year. That's how the ticket office explained it to me a few years back when I bought mine. I know they worked to accomodate people that were moved there without knowledge of what the obstructed view seats were, but I believe people who have bought them recently and signed the waiver are stuck with what they have. Not that it's a problem, I love mine :D

I'm not sure if the upgrade works the same if you bought limited/obstructed view seats recently without going through the waiting list process. From the way I understand it, owners of these seats do not have the same upgrade rights as other season ticket holders, in fact I believe they do not 100% guaranted that you will keep these seats from year to year. That's how the ticket office explained it to me a few years back when I bought mine. I know they worked to accomodate people that were moved there without knowledge of what the obstructed view seats were, but I believe people who have bought them recently and signed the waiver are stuck with what they have. Not that it's a problem, I love mine :D

I've heard this too.

You may be right, but for what it's worth, I was given the opportunity to move to the OV seats the first season they were installed and there were no terms or conditions put on my tickets. My seats were actually pretty good as I was in the first row of the new seats so my view was only slightly obstructed by the overhand and I could see endzone to endzone.

I put in for an upgrade during the season and was offered better seats the following year. I definitely think a call to the ticket office to request an upgrade cannot hurt. In any event, best of luck whatever you decide to do -- let's hope you are able to stick around and witness next year's success on the field (*fingers crossed*)

• 1 month later...

Based upon what we've seen this week, you might be eligible to relocate out of the Cave to non obstructed seats in the lower level at general admission prices. If you're willing to pay a little more for the better seats, it might be worth your while to ask. Make sure the TO has your current contact info b/c you might get a call.

What day and time do we have to get to the stadium for Obstructed View pick a seat day? I read somewhere that it was 30 May @ 9am.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244886

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. Pick a Seat Day will be Friday May 30th. Gates will open at 9am. Any questions call the ticket office at 301-276-6050. Spread the word...............

Archived