Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I believe 1 BIG trade will dictate what we will/should do in then draft...

michael_33

I know I'm stating the obvious here,but with the 8 million in cap that we have aquired by restructuring contracts...I think what we draft will determine who we are/if any targeting for a BIG trade...

I've speculated that I think we should go after DE/DT in the 1st round...I still maintain that opinion if we don't sign or trade for any BIG time player for the 08 season...

I believe our needs at this moment in a roundabout sorta way,if we aquire ZERO big time players in trade/FA should look like this...(not counting comp picks)

1st=DE/DT

2nd=CB/WR

3rd=WR/CB

5th=OG/OT

6th=K/DE/DT

7th=S/CB/OL

Now this is not going by the BPA,which is a great method to use...which of course would change the orders of these importances...

BUT...All this changes if we do somehow make a HUGE trade/FA pickup (later names get released) depending on what position we grab...

Trade or aquire/7 rounds of picks

-------------------------------

Chad Johnson,Boldin or some big name receiver

1st=DE/DT/BPA

2nd=CB/OL/BPA

3rd=QB/OL/BPA

5th=WR/BPA

6th=K/BPA

7th=BPA

Julious Peppers/Jason Taylor or some big name DE

-------------------------------------------------

1st=WR/DT

2nd=DT/WR/BPA

3rd=OL/CB/QB/BPA

5th=WR/CB/BPA

6th=K/BPA

7th=BPA

Now all these are determined if we STILL have any of those draft picks during a Huge trade of course....But this is just 3 different scenarios in where our needs would fall depending on a HUGE signing/trade...

If I were to include my own personal list with a HUGE trade involved, as I'm playing manager for the moment it would look something like this....(debunking the Raiders for Hall deal,but adding the 3 comp picks of a 3rd=dockery and the two 7th rounders...)

Trade for Hall which would include the 2nd rounder,5th rounder (matching Raiders offer)throw in a 5th or 6th rounder in 09' (exceeding Raiders offer)=Landing CB DeAngelo Hall

1st=DE/DT/WR

3rd=WR/DT/DE

3rd(comp)=O-line

6th=WR

7th=K/OL/BPA

7th(comp)BPA

7th(comp)BPA

To be honest with everyone here...I think alot may/should depend on the comp picks we will recieve,on deciding who or what we should trade for...

If the front office continues to be patient and smart...there's no reason we can't land a stud in a trade and still have good draft picks to aquire depth and possible future starters...

I think we are waiting to see what COMP picks we are getting before a huge deal is made on a trade...IMO..?

Whenever that is? :cheers: :point2sky

The trade itself will dictate then number of picks we will have in the draft, of course. For some reason, I feel as we move closer and closer to the draft the likelihood of the Redskins standing pat is going to increase. I personally would not mind a Julius Peppers or a Roy William/Anquan Boldin but I feel like it would be more advantageous to take a gamble on a young prospect and not absorb any more huge salaries this year.

good post

As much as I like the idea of Branden Albert, or a Big WR. I really want a DE that can make an immediate impact, and be a playmaker(even if it means moving up some spots).

It would make Andre Carter even better. And let's face it the NFC East is rough...we aren't going to be outscoring that many teams..but we sure as heck better find a better way to stop them..and an honest pass rush from the front 4 is a huge start in that direction.

Archived