Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Load a bowl up, then check this out

One Shot

nah actually on an analog 4 track. Ran my keyboard that was originally my dads (bought back in like '84) through my amp, created some drum patches, then put some guitars over it.

Just figured out who that sound reminds me of, Modest Mouse.

Is the rest of your stuff psych oriented?

Just figured out who that sound reminds me of, Modest Mouse.

Is the rest of your stuff psych oriented?

no doubt...a couple years this time it was all about generic rock n roll, which is cool and all. But now it's about what kind of visions the music can paint in our minds.

That was surprisingly good! The beginning I heard the drum beat and I was like "Wow, this is gonna suck some major d!", but it was good. I liked the vocal effects and the melody (guitar?) a lot.

Very good man. And hey, I didn't even need to have my bowl packed to enjoy it! (I do have a drink or two in me though)

The beginning I heard the drum beat and I was like "Wow, this is gonna suck some major d!", but it was good. I liked the vocal effects and the melody (guitar?) a lot.

Very good man. And hey, I didn't even need to have my bowl packed to enjoy it! (I do have a drink or two in me though)

Yea that drum beat at the beginning probably turned a lot of people off. Basically we didn't even think about it at the time, should've....but glad you enjoyed it:)

Yea that drum beat at the beginning probably turned a lot of people off. Basically we didn't even think about it at the time, should've....but glad you enjoyed it:)

I figured I'd give it a shot... I'm glad I did. I love the trippy "stoner rock", it's an homage to my days of blazin' it up all the time (makes me feel like a stoner without actually being one anymore).

Edit:

Just had my girlfriend listen to it.

Her comments:

"Sounds like a song she would listen to if it were of better quality."

"Likes the effect (vocal) they were trying to go for, but it doesn't really work out."

She likens it to "The Shins" - "Sleeping Lessons", as far as the vocals are concerned. Those vocals are more understandable.

I personally like to guess what is really said in the vocals, something about "Obama is coming" :laugh: .

I figured I'd give it a shot... I'm glad I did. I love the trippy "stoner rock", it's an homage to my days of blazin' it up all the time (makes me feel like a stoner without actually being one anymore).

Edit:

Just had my girlfriend listen to it.

Her comments:

"Sounds like a song she would listen to if it were of better quality."

"Likes the effect (vocal) they were trying to go for, but it doesn't really work out."

She likens it to "The Shins" - "Sleeping Lessons", as far as the vocals are concerned. Those vocals are more understandable.

I personally like to guess what is really said in the vocals, something about "Obama is coming" :laugh: .

Hmmm, interesting....the quality is definitely average (but that's what I gotta work with), and the VOX are also a bit jumbled. A part of it is just because I just got a melody on the spot and went for it, so that's probably why. But yea, I like your approach too

Archived