Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelley...another rapping reciever???

adamyesme1111

I really believe in my heart,that drafting a WR in the 1st round is a BAD idea this draft!

If Sweed or whoever is there in the 2nd round,then Cool...get him!But we need to address the D-line big time...Could there be a good D-lineman in the later rounds...?Sure!But I think we need to grab one of the top 5 D-lineman coming out this year!

I almost want Hackett for the reason not because he will help the team so much(which I think he could) but for the reason that we will most likely avoid taking a WR in the 1st round,which would be a colossal mistake IMO!

I'm still pretty confident that we won't though because of the money wrapped up in Moss and El...so I'm not too worried about the possible mistake...I'm more worried about us grabbing a CB in the 1st than a WR...

WE absolutely need a DE/DT in the 1st round...The only exception to this rule and would make me pleased is if the value for D-line isn't there(all been taken before us) and the best Available player is a CB,OG,OT or so on...

The only way I don't throw bricks through my window is if we grab something different in the 1st and land a possible stud in the 2nd round...Like a Calais Campbell or someone who drops to us and we get a steal...I'd be alright then!

I really believe in my heart,that drafting a WR in the 1st round is a BAD idea this draft!

If Sweed or whoever is there in the 2nd round,then Cool...get him!But we need to address the D-line big time...Could there be a good D-lineman in the later rounds...?Sure!But I think we need to grab one of the top 5 D-lineman coming out this year!

I almost want Hackett for the reason not because he will help the team so much(which I think he could) but for the reason that we will most likely avoid taking a WR in the 1st round,which would be a colossal mistake IMO!

I'm still pretty confident that we won't though because of the money wrapped up in Moss and El...so I'm not too worried about the possible mistake...I'm more worried about us grabbing a CB in the 1st than a WR...

WE absolutely need a DE/DT in the 1st round...The only exception to this rule and would make me pleased is if the value for D-line isn't there(all been taken before us) and the best Available player is a CB,OG,OT or so on...

The only way I don't throw bricks through my window is if we grab something different in the 1st and land a possible stud in the 2nd round...Like a Calais Campbell or someone who drops to us and we get a steal...I'd be alright then!

I agree with you, I don't really know who they are going to draft but whoever it is I am going to be happy with and cheer on.

I disagree.

See: Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, Jason Tuck, Jared Allen, Aaron Schobel et al.

Lineman with 10 or more sacks

jared allen = 4th round

osi = 2nd round

patrick kerney = near bottom of the first (30th)

mario williams = 1st pick

Elvis Dumervil = 4th round

trent cole = 5th round

aaron kampman = 5th round

Kyle Vanden Bosch = 2nd round

Jason Taylor = 3rd round

Andre Carter = 1st round

Justin Tuck = 3rd round

Breakdown:

1st round = 3

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 2

4th round = 2

5th round = 2

WRs with 1000 or more yards

Reggie Wayne = near bottom of the 1st round (30th)

randy moss = 1st round (21st pick)

chad johnson = 2nd round

Larry Fitzgerald = 1st round (3rd pick)

Terrell Owens = 3rd round

Brandon Marshall = 4th round

Braylon Edwards = 1st round (3rd pick)

Marques Colston = 7th round

Roddy White = 1st round (27th pick)

Torry Holt = 1st round (6th pick)

Wes Welker = undrafted

Bobby Engram = 2nd round

T.J. Houshmandzadeh = 7th round

Jerricho Cotchery = 4th round

Kevin Curtis = 3rd round

Derrick Mason = 4th round

Donald Driver = 7th round

Plaxico Burress = 1st round (8th pick)

Joey Galloway = 1st round (8th pick)

Steve Smith = 3rd round

1st round = 8

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 3

4th round = 3

5th round = 0

6th round = 0

7th round = 3

undrafted = 1

The breakdown becomes even bigger if you do 1200+:

1st round = 5

2nd round = 1

3rd round = 1

4th round = 1

7th round = 1

Look at these stats however you want, but I think I tend to agree more with the people pushing for a WR with our first pick. Although personally I'd rather have Cromartie.

I dont really understand the point of this thread. It's kinda dumb in my opinion. Do we want Chris Samuels on this team even though he freestyles? :rolleyes: The dude was having fun after a big win. Hes not out there selling records... give me a break. If you dont want Malcolm Kelley, then talk about his game and his ability, not the fact he freestyled to have fun after the big 12 championship. How dumb is that really?

I dont really understand the point of this thread. It's kinda dumb in my opinion. Do we want Chris Samuels on this team even though he freestyles? :rolleyes: The dude was having fun after a big win. Hes not out there selling records... give me a break. If you dont want Malcolm Kelley, then talk about his game and his ability, not the fact he freestyled to have fun after the big 12 championship. How dumb is that really?

Gotta agree with this. What difference does it make as long as he can play? Just because someone has a hobby doesn't mean that they are a worse football player.

How is rapping different than collecting cars or something like that?

If you're worried about his character, don't forget that Portis had a damn stripper pole in his basement when he lived in Denver. As you can tell from my sig, I don't care what the guy does as long as he brings it on Sunday.

Lineman with 10 or more sacks

jared allen = 4th round

osi = 2nd round

patrick kerney = near bottom of the first (30th)

mario williams = 1st pick

Elvis Dumervil = 4th round

trent cole = 5th round

aaron kampman = 5th round

Kyle Vanden Bosch = 2nd round

Jason Taylor = 3rd round

Andre Carter = 1st round

Justin Tuck = 3rd round

Breakdown:

1st round = 3

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 2

4th round = 2

5th round = 2

WRs with 1000 or more yards

Reggie Wayne = near bottom of the 1st round (30th)

randy moss = 1st round (21st pick)

chad johnson = 2nd round

Larry Fitzgerald = 1st round (3rd pick)

Terrell Owens = 3rd round

Brandon Marshall = 4th round

Braylon Edwards = 1st round (3rd pick)

Marques Colston = 7th round

Roddy White = 1st round (27th pick)

Torry Holt = 1st round (6th pick)

Wes Welker = undrafted

Bobby Engram = 2nd round

T.J. Houshmandzadeh = 7th round

Jerricho Cotchery = 4th round

Kevin Curtis = 3rd round

Derrick Mason = 4th round

Donald Driver = 7th round

Plaxico Burress = 1st round (8th pick)

Joey Galloway = 1st round (8th pick)

Steve Smith = 3rd round

1st round = 8

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 3

4th round = 3

5th round = 0

6th round = 0

7th round = 3

undrafted = 1

The breakdown becomes even bigger if you do 1200+:

1st round = 5

2nd round = 1

3rd round = 1

4th round = 1

7th round = 1

Look at these stats however you want, but I think I tend to agree more with the people pushing for a WR with our first pick. Although personally I'd rather have Cromartie.

I like that chart, but you also have to consider how important it is to winning. Meaning, does having a 1,200 yard receiver help you win more games than having a double-digit sack guy (or two)?

Terrell Owens hasn't won a playoff game in what, six or seven years?

Ocho Cinco has never won a playoff game.

Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin have never even been to the playoffs.

So it's true, if you pick a stud receiver at random, chances are he was a high pick.

But the Cardinals and Lions draft wr's high all the time. And as a result, they're the Cardinals and the Lions.

We have our deep threat (Moss). We have our gadgety slot guy (El). We have our safety valve and redzone threat (cooley). What we haven't had is the guy with great hands who gets open on intermediate routes and moves the chains.

I want us to take the best guy left on the board at #21, whether it's Sweed or Albert or someone else.

Do we really want another rapper on this team???

:doh:

I don't care as long as he knows whats more important

(I don't know if he takes it seriously like lloyd does or not, just with all the Kelley talk, and when I saw this it caught my interest)

Come on Malcolm can't help if he can rap. His freestyle was hot by the way. I would love to draft him or Derrick Harvey. Now I actually think we have a chance at getting him. I think because Sweed worked out so good and Kelly didn't workout in the combine or his pro day, Kelly will slip.

I like that chart, but you also have to consider how important it is to winning. Meaning, does having a 1,200 yard receiver help you win more games than having a double-digit sack guy (or two)?

Terrell Owens hasn't won a playoff game in what, six or seven years?

Ocho Cinco has never won a playoff game.

Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin have never even been to the playoffs.

So it's true, if you pick a stud receiver at random, chances are he was a high pick.

But the Cardinals and Lions draft wr's high all the time. And as a result, they're the Cardinals and the Lions.

We have our deep threat (Moss). We have our gadgety slot guy (El). We have our safety valve and redzone threat (cooley). What we haven't had is the guy with great hands who gets open on intermediate routes and moves the chains.

I want us to take the best guy left on the board at #21, whether it's Sweed or Albert or someone else.

So sack leaders = a Superbowl?

Jared Allen led the league in sacks last year and didnt make the playoffs

Kerney was 2nd and only won 1 playoff game before getting demolished by Green Bay

Ware was 3rd and has never won a playoff game

Mario Williams was 4th and has never been to the playoffs

Only 1 DE in the top 10 in sacks last year played in the Superbowl, while 2 of the top 10 recievers in the league played in the Superbowl...your argument is flawed....

The other breakdown by draft picks was great though...it is tough to draft an elite WR after the 2nd round (even 3rd is a stretch), but quality DE's can be found in later rounds. DRAFT WR IN THE FIRST!

So sack leaders = a Superbowl?

Umm, no, I never said that.

Jared Allen led the league in sacks last year and didnt make the playoffs

Kerney was 2nd and only won 1 playoff game before getting demolished by Green Bay

Ware was 3rd and has never won a playoff game

Mario Williams was 4th and has never been to the playoffs

Only 1 DE in the top 10 in sacks last year played in the Superbowl, while 2 of the top 10 recievers in the league played in the Superbowl...your argument is flawed....

I don't think you understood my argument, and I'm assuming you don't research for a living because you are relying on data only from last year.

I'm simply saying that you don't need a stud reciever who blows up the stat sheet in order to win the super bowl.

I think the Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Buccanners prove that.

The other teams to win super bowls this decade, the Rams and the Colts, certainly had big-time receivers in a pass-happy offense, but they spread the ball around and yes, had big-time pass rushes that piled up sacks and turnovers.

You need a group of good recievers, and that's what I think we'll have with Moss (who was a 1st rounder), El, Hackett and whatever rookie we bring in.

Read the thread before you reply...Thanks,

here, I'll bold it for you sense you can't seem to read the whole thread..

I didn't say we shouldn't draft him? Alot of people had problems with lloyd rapping, you guys jumping all over me must have a disability where you can only read the first part of a thread.

I wasn't putting down Kelley, I really could care less whether he raps or not. I just thought it was intresting that he rapped and I thought it was pretty good. I started this thread for people who didn't see it.

Come on Malcolm can't help if he can rap. His freestyle was hot by the way. I would love to draft him or Derrick Harvey. Now I actually think we have a chance at getting him. I think because Sweed worked out so good and Kelly didn't workout in the combine or his pro day, Kelly will slip.

Yeah, I actually put it on my myspace...I don't know what was up with the random "we showering naked" part at the end though :laugh:.

WE DO NOT NEED A DAMN DT IN ROUND 1 OR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blows my mind that some Skins' fans still say we need a damn DT early on in the draft! Montgomery and Golston will both be stud DTs(in my opinion), and Cornelius still has at least 3-4 years left as a starter.

We need a DE in the draft, but we need Sweed or Kelly in round 1 without a doubt. If we go into the season with Mix and Espy as our only two WCO receivers to depend on, this year will be a painful one.

Do we really want another rapper on this team???

:doh:

(I don't know if he takes it seriously like lloyd does or not, just with all the Kelley talk, and when I saw this it caught my interest)

Brandon Lloyd doesnt even compare to what Kelley just spit off the top of his dome.

Just the thought of this guy in B&G is pretty damn exciting. Kelley, Moss, Mix, Espy?, Cooley....

JC will be a pro bowler!!!!

Umm, no, I never said that.

I don't think you understood my argument, and I'm assuming you don't research for a living because you are relying on data only from last year.

I'm simply saying that you don't need a stud reciever who blows up the stat sheet in order to win the super bowl.

I think the Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Buccanners prove that.

The other teams to win super bowls this decade, the Rams and the Colts, certainly had big-time receivers in a pass-happy offense, but they spread the ball around and yes, had big-time pass rushes that piled up sacks and turnovers.

You need a group of good recievers, and that's what I think we'll have with Moss (who was a 1st rounder), El, Hackett and whatever rookie we bring in.

Ok...

Superbowl year and winner

2000 - Rams: Torry Holt led the league in recieving; Isaac Bruce was number 3

2001 - Ravens: Ill give this to you...their D was great

Giants

2002 - Pats: Troy Brown had 97 receptions, a feat that has not been accomplished by a Washington Redskin since I can remember (only have had one reciever in the last 10 years with at least 90 catches - Coles)

2003 - Bucs: Keenan had 84 catches and 8 TDs

2004 - Pats: 120 catches between their number 1 and 2 recievers - I'll MAYBE give you this one too...

2005 - Pats: Deion Branch 80 receptions 5 TD's and MVP of the Superbowl

2006 - Pitt: Hines Ward - 78 catches and MVP of the Superbowl

2007 - Colts: Enough Said

2008 - Giants: D-line won this game

in 2 of the last 4 superbowls, a WR has been MVP. A d-lineman has never been named Superbowl MVP.

I agree that we need D-lineman, but we can get them later in the draft...we need to pick up a WR in the first round. If you think we are set with Moss, ARE, and the 3rd string has-beens or never-weres, then you sir are dillusional.

I didn't want to take this guy in the first round before, now I wouldn't waste a 7th rounder on this guy.

These young cats have to learn that they are getting paid a large sum of money to PLAY FOOTBALL. And the fact that most will retire by the time they are 35, they need to realize that there is more than enough time for them to pursue other ventures after their football career is over, and that those ventures will probably be much more succesful when they have all of their time to devote to it.

I didn't want to take this guy in the first round before, now I wouldn't waste a 7th rounder on this guy.

These young cats have to learn that they are getting paid a large sum of money to PLAY FOOTBALL. And the fact that most will retire by the time they are 35, they need to realize that there is more than enough time for them to pursue other ventures after their football career is over, and that those ventures will probably be much more succesful when they have all of their time to devote to it.

You are a joke dude...he was rapping after a game. Do you have any hobbies after you leave your job? have you ever sung in the shower or along to the radio in your car? He and his teamates were having fun...people need to wake up

Oh...and I forgot to mention that this was a rap after they won by 28 in the big 12 championship,....a game in which he averaged 18 yards a reception :silly:

Ok...

Superbowl year and winner

2000 - Rams: Torry Holt led the league in recieving; Isaac Bruce was number 3

2001 - Ravens: Ill give this to you...their D was great

Giants

2002 - Pats: Troy Brown had 97 receptions, a feat that has not been accomplished by a Washington Redskin since I can remember (only have had one reciever in the last 10 years with at least 90 catches - Coles)

2003 - Bucs: Keenan had 84 catches and 8 TDs

2004 - Pats: 120 catches between their number 1 and 2 recievers - I'll MAYBE give you this one too...

2005 - Pats: Deion Branch 80 receptions 5 TD's and MVP of the Superbowl

2006 - Pitt: Hines Ward - 78 catches and MVP of the Superbowl

2007 - Colts: Enough Said

2008 - Giants: D-line won this game

in 2 of the last 4 superbowls, a WR has been MVP. A d-lineman has never been named Superbowl MVP.

I agree that we need D-lineman, but we can get them later in the draft...we need to pick up a WR in the first round. If you think we are set with Moss, ARE, and the 3rd string has-beens or never-weres, then you sir are dillusional.

Haha ok nice research, but I don't think it proves what you think it does.

Here's the flip side.

1999 Rams -- Kevin Carter had 10.5 sacks, Grant Wistrom had 11 to combine with that sick offense.

2000 Ravens -- Dominant D with pitiful offense that went a month without scoring a touchdown.

2001 Pats -- Weird team. You're right Troy Brown caught a ton of balls, but he wasn't a deep threat and didn't score much. I dont think anyone would call him a stud. Their defense shut down Kurt Warner and Co.

2002 Bucs -- Simeon Rice had 15.5 sacks, Warren Sapp had 7.5. Their defense outscored the raiders offense in the super bowl.

2003 and 2004 Pats -- No standout receivers. Deion Branch was the leader on the 03 team with 57 catches, 803 yards and 3 scores. David Givens led the 04 team with 56 for 874 and 3. Not so hot. They won each Super Bowl in a tight, relatively low-scoring game.

2005 Steelers. Joey Porter had 10.5 sacks, Clark Haggans with 9. Hines Ward the leading receiver with 69 for 975.

2006 Colts. Yes, a diesel offense, but Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are beasts coming off the edge.

This year's Giants. Osi, 13 sacks. Tuck, 10 sacks. Strahan, 9 sacks. End of story. Plax had a good year but didn't blow up.

What I'm saying is you need balance. If we think Limas Sweed will be great, then yeah, draft him. But if we think he might be the next Charles Rogers, I'd rather take someone we think will be a better pro, no matter the position.

Haha ok nice research, but I don't think it proves what you think it does.

Here's the flip side.

1999 Rams -- Kevin Carter had 10.5 sacks, Grant Wistrom had 11 to combine with that sick offense.

2000 Ravens -- Dominant D with pitiful offense that went a month without scoring a touchdown.

2001 Pats -- Weird team. You're right Troy Brown caught a ton of balls, but he wasn't a deep threat and didn't score much. I dont think anyone would call him a stud. Their defense shut down Kurt Warner and Co.

2002 Bucs -- Simeon Rice had 15.5 sacks, Warren Sapp had 7.5. Their defense outscored the raiders offense in the super bowl.

2003 and 2004 Pats -- No standout receivers. Deion Branch was the leader on the 03 team with 57 catches, 803 yards and 3 scores. David Givens led the 04 team with 56 for 874 and 3. Not so hot. They won each Super Bowl in a tight, relatively low-scoring game.

2005 Steelers. Joey Porter had 10.5 sacks, Clark Haggans with 9. Hines Ward the leading receiver with 69 for 975.

2006 Colts. Yes, a diesel offense, but Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are beasts coming off the edge.

This year's Giants. Osi, 13 sacks. Tuck, 10 sacks. Strahan, 9 sacks. End of story. Plax had a good year but didn't blow up.

What I'm saying is you need balance. If we think Limas Sweed will be great, then yeah, draft him. But if we think he might be the next Charles Rogers, I'd rather take someone we think will be a better pro, no matter the position.

touche' my friend. I guess what we have learned is that we have alot of needs in order to be an elite team:cheers:

This can't be a serious post can it? How is rapping in one's spare time any different from reading a book or playing piano? Should we just avoid all players with hobbies?

As long as he isn't standing on the sidelines rapping instead of practicing I don't care what his hobbies are. If anything I think the fact that he was rapping about his TEAM and not how amazingly cool he is after a big win would be great for our chemistry. I'm sure the guys could have a lot of fun with him. I personally would love Malcolm Kelley in the first round, but don't think he'll be there when we pick.

Archived