Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Must we wait one week?

Luca Brasi

With the rumors already surfacing that the Jets will not resign Coles, I'm wondering if they have to wait the full week before formally making the decision. Can they decline to match the offer with the league as early as today, or does the one week time frame have to pass before a decision can be submitted?

I am a Jets fan. They have already matched Morton it is on their site. There is also a good chance they match LC's contract b/c it is not as ridiculous as it originally sounded. It is still way too much for an overhyped #2 WR but whatever it is not my money.

I am a Jets fan. They have already matched Morton it is on their site. There is also a good chance they match LC's contract b/c it is not as ridiculous as it originally sounded. It is still way too much for an overhyped #2 WR but whatever it is not my money.

Are you still going to be saying it's too much for an over-hyped #2 WR if the Jets match it like you said they might? People are so ridiculous in blasting their players when it looks like they might be leaving. Some skins fans around here were blasting Derrius Thompson when it became apparent he was leaving, and now you come here blasting Coles before he's even officially gone from your team. I'm sure you'll come back and claim that you've always felt Coles was overrated even when he was kickin' a$$ for you guys last season, but we both know that's just BS. Coles is a very good receiver who looks like he is on the rise. Don't say we're offering too much unless you are willing to come back here and blast the Jets for matching if indeed they do.

Revisting the bashing of Derrious Thompson...

It was a good move to let him go. Regardless of money. I wouldn't take him back.

The reason he hasn't been on the field over the last four years is because he's inconsistent. I was watching film of the Houston game and Dallas game from the end of last year.

Houston game he did well, caught almost everything that came his way, some of that though I'll put on Ramsey because he made outstanding throws that allowed DT to catch them in position.

In the Dallas game he made to many mistakes, metal errors what ever. I think that sealed his fate with Spurrier. Here they were in the last game of the season, not to mention it's against the cowboys, and this guy is making the same mistakes since training camp. He is physically gifted, big tall fast. He has good hands, but does not stay focused or is a slow learner.

If it came down to him or McCants, which may have been the case, I'd go with McCants. DT was looking for #2 type money. He has not earned it yet, who knows maybe a couple of years down the line he will.

Good move by the 'Skins, the guy doesn't have it, yet?

There is also a good chance they match LC's contract b/c it is not as ridiculous as it originally sounded. It is still way too much for an overhyped #2 WR but whatever it is not my money.

Coles has said his goodbye's, the Jets FO has said their goodbye's. You're not resigning.

Overhyped #2 reciever? For who the Jets or Skins?

That's weird because I thought Coles had 89 catches for 1200+ yards. That's more than Chrebet and Moss combined.

If you're talking about the Skins. Well, wouldn't you want to have a 89 catch 1200+ reciever as your #2 :laugh:

I doubt if the skins will have a set #1 and #2 this year anyway. Both Coles and Gardner will probably have stats pretty even by the end of the year.

yeah, those 1,200 yards are casually overlooked now that Coles may be leaving, but excuse me for a second, I didn't realize the Jets had Jerry Rice or Marvin Harrison opposite Coles in 2002 :)

Chrebet and Moss are good players but they are not world-beaters.

Coles was the Jets meal ticket to long pass plays from scrimmage in 2002, he was the one that formed the instant bond with Pennington.

Worried about Coles proving something?

Heck, Moss still has to prove he is a capable starting player period.

Archived