Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A challange to TR1

skinsn24

It's always good to cite sources before you publish something. That is something they teach in English 101 in college. In other words, know you're right before you speak.

I cited everything.

The fact that you THINK you are important enough to

1. make a call out thread when they arent allowed on this site

2. challenge someone like tr1 when you are clearly not even on his level

3. pretty much just post the same stuff that was in a different thread in this thread

shows me that you are out of your mind and should probably at least get the NNT label put on your profile.

1. read the OP, not a call out thread.

2. TR1 and I are not on the same level, you figure out why :whoknows:

3. I am trying to see if the person actually believes what he says

Do you have any substance to add or are you just riding coat tails?

:doh: . Keep riding on the lies and false statements. When you really want to talk and have true debate hit me up, i mean that. For real, i love talking about things and having a good conversation but simply spouting off nonsense or loving a poster soo much.......thats not for me. ( i can think on my own!)

I expect people to put things behind their words, why you ask?

Because im a man and talk is cheat, you obviously disagree.:)

Shaq is more defiant to the media than any player in sports, but they love him. He takes full seasons off, and the media mentions it casually like its just another lovable trait of some sort.

Brett Favre plainly stated that he had no responsibility to nurture Aaron Rogers. He was also addicted to pain killers. It all made people like him more. If 99% of other modern athletes did those things it would be a sign of the lowly state of our role models.

At work, my boss leaves at 3:30 every day to take her kid home from school. She's still my boss, even though I'm there till 6.

It's best to just accept that there are different rules for different people. Tr1 gets his own set of rules.

Yes but if shaq commits a hard foul he gets called for it. If farve throws it into the dirt he gets called for it.

What is wrong with asking a poster to back their statements with substance?

I am looking to improve the quality of posting (aka add links and substance), not let this board fall off to false statements and lies.:2cents:

There’s little that’s ok about you in this thread skinsn24. :( This should have been kept in the existing thread on the topic. But on to bigger things.

The D’Pablo thread you cite was about a guy who slammed a Redskins player on game day with no validity and got nailed for it by Redskins fans. Read the spirit of Art’s posts in the last pages of that thread, or that of other staff and long-time ES’ers, because you didn’t get the heart of the message.

This is you attacking another Redskins fan for making jabs at cowboy fans by speculating about their owner’s finances and how that may impact their team. But, hey, you’re free to pick your own priorities as to who and what you want to battle with all that energy and all those posts in two threads, and starting this one was unnecessary. Regardless, I wouldn’t take a mod action on you for your prioritizing, and it is immaterial to my concerns whose “points” are correct and whose aren’t.

It’s good to hold people accountable and to present their quotes and your facts with links in rebuttal. But going on and on with the “lying” stuff went out of bounds. It’s personal and you allow no room for just “being wrong” or " talking though his ass”, something you’ve done plenty of both of in your tenure here, but you should not be designated a liar for that, either.

Oh i agree with you, but why is it that he gets a pass and the rest of us are held accountable for our words?

Now this is a no-no. You basically accuse the staff of a bias that does not exist. It is true though that tr1 has never broken a rule (or at least been caught) and has no user notes, while you have user notes galore, but neither has anything to do with bias now, either.

You mentioned it, but apparently you don’t understand trolling in terms of the rules here, which reflects another regular downfall of yours—thinking you know more than you do. It is ironic that while we actually have received a couple complaints of tr1 trolling over time (he wasn’t), you have been accused far more often of it by far more members. But we never laid one of those charges on you, either. :)

I know how you describe yourself as a fan, and that’s not the point. Outside of staff actions, tr1 is held to the fire every day by cowboy and eagle fans who get plenty of leeway in doing so and he also gets a number of the odd skins fans, some "real" some not, taking him to task. He and I have even had words a few times too, with mutual respect as devoted Redskins fans. He is a lot easier to work with than you have been in the past, as folks will see shortly.

While i appreciate the advice, i have been here long enough to know how things go.

No you apparently haven’t, because you obviously don’t know, and you should have heeded the advice. One of your problems here as mentioned, has been thinking you know much more than you do too often, which is too bad, because you’re not ignorant at all.

Dude you have had an agenda agaisnt me for a long time,

That, you said to Armchair. Again, you get personal beyond the content of his post, similar to inappropriately insisting someone is a liar. Reading your posts as I do, I am aware that a large number of members disagree with you on a regular basis. That does not equal their having an agenda against you. If you can ever get over yourself, you may stay out of trouble. Your self-inflating ego, which is evident in many of your posts, combined with being argumentative and not just debating, is another piece of your dilemma.

Now let’s get back to accountability, and how much you know, and calling the guy a liar repeatedly, and how three (now four) different moderators have worked to help you remain a member when you’ve gone over the top, and how you keep repeating your errors with claims of bias, and your tone, and making assumptions. From your user notes:

Ok, I didn’t have the heart to post them after review. It really does not put you in a very good light overall. But I will use something from the last one Om gave you when we were wondering whether ES would work out for you or not:

My suggestion, fly low for a while. Blend in. Be a part of the conversation and let people get to know you. This can be a great place not only to share your own opinions, but to get to know the people who hang here and learn from them as well.

For some time now you have hardly been following this last instruction by Mark. Your lack of compliance has been tolerated yet again because sometimes you are capable of having spirited football discussions without getting out of hand and that is a good thing. But the problem of tone mentioned by everyone in your PM’s from TK (21) to OM is as bad as ever. Many still think you are some sort of sock-puppet half the time. And other matters in those past entries keep popping up, too.

I know I know---you’re "just not a homer.” Unfortunately, that isn’t balancing out your liabilities, like those on display in this thread. So, once again let all this past and present sink in and take some time off from posting. See if you can figure out how so many others, no matter what their views are, manage to get by here without much fuss.

One final editorial-only thought. You say in one of your user notes that we all bleed burgundy and gold. But you went all out to assault a guy who isn’t going after you or another Redskins fan in a debate, but was just going after cowboy fans and also providing platforms for the Redskin fans that like to spar with their rivals. The non-troll rivals do a fine job of handling their end, fwiw.

Archived