Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama heads for the door

Sarge

I think it's interesting that everyone paints this as such a huge turnaround by the media. The fact of the matter is that everyone who runs for office likely has a VAST number of things they could be criticized for by the media and their opponents. However, I think a large part of why Hillary has taken the brunt of the media scrutiny, at least for the first part of the primaries, was that she (and Bill) simply provided a lot more for the media to work with. Perhaps if she'd spent less time talking about how it took a white president (LBJ) to accomplish MLK's dreams, and about how she was in an "interracial marriage", about how all the mean boys were picking on her, she'd have been able to give the media some time to scrutinize Obama.

I think that, for several months, Hillary and her advisors just didn't take Obama seriously and were convinced that in each upcoming primary, she'd destroy him and he would drop out and they could move on to the next state. Which is why she and her husband made some pretty ridiculous comments and some rather lightweight accusations (saying he said nice things once about Reagan isn't really something she should expect the media to latch on to...because it's not a story). Even up until a month ago the best she could come up with is that he is too good of a speaker. Way to swing for the fences Hillary.

While (full disclosure) I am an Obama supporter and I do think that a lot of the charges being brought up now are certainly not things that undermine his ability to be president (and some of them just aren't true), I think that she has only herself to blame for his easy going thus far. Unfortunately for her, she may have decided to start running a real campaign a little too late.

Archived