Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential FA Acquisitions

Muzzah

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806a3052&template=with-video&confirm=true

Travis LaBoy, DE, Titans

Antwaan Odom, DE, Titans

I honestly don't know much about these guys but LaBoy had 6 sacks in 07 and Odom had 8 in 07. Depending on the asking price they are searching for either one of them could be a possible starter here, but with the massive depth of d-linemen in this year's draft. Both are relatively young at 26 years. This could open up the possibility of getting a safety or Dtackle earlier in the draft.

Eugene Wilson, S, Patriots

Got a feeling he is the next Ryan Clark, wants a paycheck but his team does not feel he is a suitable recipient of a shiny new paycheck. He is 27 years old so he definitely has gas left in the tank. His tackles have dwindled in the past years. Again, the potential of this guy coming here is dependent upon his asking price. Plus they state one team has him ranked as the second best safety (hardly believe that). Honestly though, I'd rather have Doughty back there playing again.

Bryant Johnson, WR, Cardinals

Was the 3rd receiver for Arizona behind Fitzgerald and Boldin so it's no wonder why his numbers aren't amazing. At 6'3" 213lbs he has height, which our receivers seem to be lacking. He is 26 years old so he has some experience and can make some difficult catches. If we could get him for a good price I would be all over it because a tall receiver is something we've been lacking. He also averages 500 yards a season, pretty good for a 3rd receiver that has two monster receivers overshadowing him.

Asante Samuel, CB, Patriots

I know nobody wants a big name acquisition, but this guy definitely can play and make big plays on defense. Could fill in for Rogers as he rehabs, then replace Springs once we deem him too old to play. I for one wouldn't mind getting Samuel on a long term deal and refortify our D-line and O-line through the draft.

Gabril Wilson, S, Giants

Nothing better than grabbing players from our rivals. Giants trying to get him on a deal but it's looking like he wants to test the Free Agent waters. 26 years old so age isn't an issue. But again, I think Doughty is more than capable of playing Safety for us alongside Landry and would rather we throw our money into other positions.

Theres a lot more "big name" players on the market, but I thought these were the ones that could make any sense pursuing and possibly signing.

I think Wilson will end up getting a franchise tag or just resigned. I don't see any of these guys as quality economic FAs except maybe Bryant Johnson. I've been on the Rod Coleman (DT) bandwagon since he got cut from the Falcons, but that might not be the most economical acquisition either.

I'd be pretty pissed (although not too surprised) if we picked up a safety in FA.

Last year Johnson started 8 games, had 46 recs and 528 yards with 2 TDs.

Annualize that to 16 games and thats around 80 recs with 900 yards and 4-5 TDs. Pretty nice year for a guy who gets overshadowed by Fitz and Boldin. Although those guys would contribute to his success in the long run. Most teams can't cover Fitz and Boldin much less a third competent receiver. Don't think he could have quite as much production here.

He is 6'3" 213. A little skinny, not sure about his strength either.

But, as always the price has to be right.

Anquan Boldin did not play weeks 4,5,6, and 14

Larry Fitzgerald did not play week 13

The two touchdowns that Johnson caught were in week 13 and 14

That just shows he's able to step up and take on a bigger role. I don't think that diminishes his value at all. :2cents:

There is a Bryant Johnson thread that popped up today. Check there for some added info if you're interested.

My short take: He is worthless.

I understand being enamored with the size and high draft status, but he will make you miss Rod Gardner.

I don't think any of the other players have a legit shot of landing here. Odom and LaBoy will get overpaid because of their positions and youth. Samuel would cost far too much.

I like Gibril Wilson a lot. But he's looking for some good coin and I don't think we'll invest that much money opposite of Landry. I think we're looking for a guy to rotate with Reed.

Any offensive linemen that look good for a moderate price out there?

I don't think any of the other players have a legit shot of landing here. Odom and LaBoy will get overpaid because of their positions and youth. Samuel would cost far too much.

Any offensive linemen that look good for a moderate price out there?

All of the FAs mentioned are going to want some coin and IMO aren't worth their initial asking price. We should consider Odom, Leboy, Johnson, and Gibril Wilson if their price tags go down.

These guys won't last long though so bring on the lineman.

+1 for none.

Remember all those threads re: Cap Pergatory?! Remember the first year coach who has never been a head coach before?! Remember all those "young guys" we always wish would work their way up and into the system?!

Time to right the ship poeple.

Sink or swim with the team that got you into the playoffs this year.

Word.

:applause::point2sky:applause:

Archived